What is Loretta Lynn's most successful song
Loretta Lynn on her 70th birthday
"Coal Miner's Daughter"
"Behind every great man there is an even greater woman"
Overall, as far as documented, there are
In the mid-1920s, women from rural southern North America found that they too had a lot of stories to tell. At home, after work, at family celebrations, at work in the fields and at the bed of your children - there they'd always been storytellers. Above all, they had sung - simple songs of heartbreak and farewell, of the infidelity of men, of dreams and of the hard life in the country and in nature.
The men were either coal miner (Miners) or moonshiner (illegal whiskey distillers "by moonlight") or both. These sung stories are true country music to this day. They are songs to comfort the little ones and to entertain the grown-ups. Some owned a radio, everyone was poor. The women held out bravely, no matter what, and sang against their fate. They were called Lulu Belle, Louisiana Lou, or Moonshine Kate. Often it was sisters, like the Leathermen Sisters, or entire families, like the Carter Family, who became known beyond their own garden fence because they bravely performed live on radio shows. Since 1922 there have also been recordings of these, mostly singles. In this tradition there is the true honky tonk girl Loretta Lynn. As an early present for her 70th birthday on April 14th, she got a start two Grammys of the year - one for the best country album and one with Jack White for the song "Portland Oregon" from their current CD Van Lear Rose as the best country vocal duo.
By Gitti Gülden
Almost all country singers of the younger generation who want to sing about more than “Baby, I Love You” refer to the great old lady of true country music. None of her predecessors had dared to sing so bluntly about the real problems of country women. Lots of children, some of whom died, a lot of work, great hunger, little money, exhausted men who also often drank to forget their worries. Not a beautiful, ideal world. With her texts, Loretta takes no account of the protests of an entertainment industry that is still dominated by mostly arch-conservative men. Instead of the happiness of the family at home, this intrepid little woman sings about the blessing of the pill, the misfortune with unfaithful men, and the heartlessness of some politicians. No chirping icing, but the reality of millions. This is the Secret of Loretta Lynn's success.
In her most recent autobiography Still Woman Enough (based on one of her first big hits “You Ain’t Woman Enough” from 1965) Loretta writes as the conclusion of her eventful life: “As a woman you always have to take responsibility for everything you feel and are. You are always what you can give to others. Supposedly, behind every great man there is a woman. I mean: behind every great man there is an even greater woman. Women think faster, move faster, are simply faster. That's the damn truth! "
Over 45 years of career, over 50 top ten hits, 20 number one hits, countless awards and honors, a star in Hollywood, a huge fortune and several lands - the daughter of a “coal buddy” from Kentucky has everything right this one World to be a proud woman. Her life began more than modestly.
- Which is the best phone lock
- Will Donald Trump win New York
- Chicago is more dangerous than Tennessee
- Which hormone causes excessive hunger
- What are some recommended tools for the user manual
- What exactly is wrong information 1
- What are the origins of electronic music
- Do you like Strauss
- When can we bring the guillotine back?
- What are the benefits of being philosophical
- How does negativity affect our thinking process?
- How do I play Go
- Where do medium-sized businesses waste money?
- What is the value of 6 04
- What do you mean by DMDC
- What makes golf exciting
- How would you characterize people from Michigan
- What is a head coach
- Antifa becomes a left-wing terrorist threat
- What was Op Art
- Ragi is bad for the kidneys
- How did Russia pay for World War II
- What is the most accurate crime thriller
- How to use Coinbase in 2020
- What is an advice for Aking Biochemistry
- What is an illusion 1
- What age preceded the Iron Age
- What are English peas
- What are some hidden facts about KBC
- Is Mexico an oligarchy
- Are redemptions from investment funds taxable
- What are the dangers of nicotine
- How is FIITJEE Chennai
- Which artist sang the song Hey Jude?