Recipe for juicy lemon cake from the loaf pan
The lemon juice gives our cake what every cake lover longs for: a juicy dough that perfectly combines sweet and sour. The recipe for delicious lemon cake from the loaf pan is very simple. How to make a juicy lemon cake!
Juicy lemon cake: easy recipe
Ingredients for a loaf pan (30 cm long):
- 250 g flour
- 250 grams of sugar
- 250 g soft butter
- 5 eggs
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (organic lemon)
- a little fat for the loaf pan
Preparation of juicy lemon cakes:
- Before you start, preheat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees and grease the loaf pan well so that the lemon cake does not stick to the pan.
- Then beat the softened butter and sugar in a bowl until frothy and gradually stir in the eggs.
- Now one after the other stir the grated lemon peel, a teaspoon of the lemon juice, the flour and the baking powder into the liquid ingredients and work the dough until it is nice and smooth.
- The dough can then be poured into the mold. Make sure that the surface of the dough is nice and smooth.
- The preparation time of the cake in the oven is approx. 60 minutes on the middle oven rail at a temperature of 180 degrees circulating air.
- After the cake has been found cooked, it can be overturned from the mold.
- Now mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar to a sour frosting. Then poke small holes in the lemon cake with the wooden skewer and spread the lemon icing over the cake. Through the holes, the cake soaks up the icing even better, which means that it is wonderfully juicy.
Moist cake: baking tips
The juicy lemon cake is best if you let it steep overnight. It is best to use organic lemons, as the peels of conventionally grown lemons can contain residues from pesticides. Nevertheless, wash the lemons warm so that any other dirt is rinsed off. You can also use yogurt instead of butter in the recipe.
What else can I use as a topping for lemon cake?
How about a delicious cream cheese frosting? To do this, simply mix 250 g cream cheese with 50 g soft butter and 200 g powdered sugar with a mixer until you get a delicious frosting. Then spread this on the cake and store the cake in a cool place.
The right oil for juicy lemon cakes
If you prefer to use oil instead of butter for health reasons, you can of course do so. 60 - 80 ml of oil replace 100 g of butter. We recommend varieties such as rapeseed oil, sunflower oil or walnut oil for the cake recipe. Coconut oil, which is currently very popular, leaves a fine coconut taste, which can be particularly tasty in a juicy lemon cake. #
But: Coconut oil is significantly more expensive than domestic types of oil. In addition, coconut oil is less sustainable, as the Stiftung Warentest has also assessed. Olive oil is suitable for savory cakes or doughs.
Tips: Remove the cake from the mold
In order to remove the cake from the mold completely and without loss, you should first check whether it is really cooked and has the right consistency. Do the spot check by pricking the tip of a knife or prick in the middle of the cake and checking if there is any dough sticking to it. If so, leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes.
If this is not the case, it should be done. Let the cake cool down completely first. Then place a knife between the edge of the cake and the mold and carefully cut it out of the mold before turning it over. A regular loaf pan now results in around 10 delicious pieces of cake!
It doesn't help, the cake doesn't want to come out unscathed? Then try this one Trick: Put a tea towel in the sink and pour boiling water over it. Then place the cake on top so that the pan gets hot and wet from below. Then try again to overturn the cake.
Shelf life of lemon cake
The lemon cake should now be stable for 3 to 4 days. To keep it juicy, store it in a sealed cake box. The alternative for large quantities or a spontaneous visit: Divide the cake directly into three large pieces and freeze one or two of them.
Video: Vegan Lemon Cake - This is how it gets juicy without milk or egg
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the relevant service provider / online shop, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- The PlayStation 2 will increase in value
- What was Op Art
- Which China bike is the best in Pakistan?
- Which architect designed the city of Jaipur
- Who is the Crowned Emperor of Ethiopia
- Loves God theists and atheists alike
- What happened when Andrew Johnson was president
- I could write an app in C ++
- What is influx in biology
- What are some good scared BTS fanfics
- Which movie completely confused you
- What are the differences at Solidworks Catia
- Who is ZTE's brand ambassador
- What happens to shallow groundwater
- What gut feeling has changed your life?
- Why is wine sold in boxes
- Where do you send the FMLA forms
- What are good bands like Riverside?
- How can I sincerely thank a friend
- What happened to Tik Tok
- How many Indians are there in Poland?
- Why are Americans so easily betrayed
- How do radio waves affect us?
- What do Italians think of Russia?