Is Azor Ahai the King of the Night
Azor Ahai is a legendary figure in the faith of the Lord of Light. The legend of Azor Ahai originated in Asshai and spread further west.
In the series
Thousands of years ago, before the rise of Valyria and the Ghiscari Empire, he forged the red sword, Lightbringer, which was used to repel the darkness of the Great Other. This victory had a price, because to unleash the power of the sword he had to thrust it into the heart of his beloved wife, Nissa Nissa. A prophecy says that he will be born again as a prince who was promised.
In the books
Azor Ahai is a legendary hero who wielded the burning sword Lightbringer, according to the stories from Asshai and the followers of R'hllor. In some other cultures, this warrior is called Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion, and Eldric Shadowhunters.
- Main article: Light bringers
Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight it. To do this, Azor Ahai had to make a hero sword. He forged for 30 days and 30 nights before it was completed. But when he dipped it in water to cool it down, the sword broke. However, he did not give up and started working again.
The second time it took him 50 days and 50 nights to do the sword, it was even better than the first. To keep it cool, he killed a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but the steel gave way once more.
The third time, he began with a heavy heart, knowing that to complete the blade he would have to work for 100 days and 100 nights. This time, he called his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He dug his sword into her chest, whereby her soul connected with the steel of the sword and created Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.
Although he wore Lightbringer, Azor Ahai did not fight alone. The Jade Compendium mentions that creatures hit by Lightbringers went up in flames.
It is not known whether Azor Ahai is connected to the legend of the Last Hero, who lived during the Long Night and helped defeat the Others.
According to a prophecy from the five thousand year old books of Asshai, Azor Ahai will be reborn as a champion of the R'hllor. It will happen after a long summer, as soon as an evil and icy darkness falls over the world. It is said that Lightbringer is waved again, Azor Ahai competes against the others and should he fail, the world will fail with him:
- "After a long summer there will come a day when the stars will bleed and the cold breath of darkness will engulf the world. In this hour of terror a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire. And this sword shall bring light, that Red sword of heroes, and whoever takes it is the reborn Azor Ahai, and the darkness will give way before him. "
Melisandre mentions that the Promised Prince and Azor Ahai are interchangeable, although she uses the term Azor Ahai far more frequently.
A clash of kings
During the burning of statues of the Seven on Dragon Stone, Stannis Baratheon is declared Azor Ahai reborn by Melisandre from Asshai. Salladhor Saan tells Davos Seewert about the burning hero sword Lightbringer.
A dance with dragons
Benerro of Volantis announces that Azor Ahai has returned through Daenerys Targaryen.
- Joshua Engel is done
- Cadillacs are expensive to work with
- Does Donald Trump have a smartphone
- What's the best scary movie
- What are your impressions of Azure ML
- What are the top telecommunications certifications
- How baby frog breathes underwater
- Are we all afraid of something?
- What is meant by consecutive natural numbers
- What is your experience with FIRST Robotics
- All atoms have the same mass
- Why did Yahoo acquire Stamped
- What's your recipe for Garam Masala
- Are there nutrients in a banana peel
- What is owner authentication
- How cold it gets in Durban
- May cure oats diabetes
- Could magnets in helmets reduce the impact on football?
- Why do people change their color
- What causes oxygen debt in living organisms
- Why are Israelis so sociable
- How do I use WhatsApp on the web
- Creativity is spontaneous
- What is gravitropic motion in plants