What is Texan Culture
Art and Culture Texas
What else is impressive beyond nature? Arts and Culture!
Texas is known for its scenic fascination and its exciting history. But the state also has a great program to offer in terms of culture. See for yourself!
Austin: Live Music Capital of the World
The capital Austin has a lot of culture to offer, but is also shaped by the universities with around 50,000 students who live here. The city is considered to be particularly liberal and worth living in, which is also reflected in the calendar of events. Festivals, street parties and an incredible number of top-class live music events transform the city into a single stage.
It is mostly like being on a huge open-air stage, because the subtropical climate is accompanied by an average of 2500 hours of sunshine per year. Live bands playing in front of supermarkets, in cafes and in boutiques shape the streetscape. Let yourself be carried away and dance in the open street. By the way, the main styles of music are country, blues and rock.
Houston: Art is cultivated here - and loved
Houston is the largest city in Texas with around 5.8 million people and has an impressive arts scene. In the Theater District you can experience the whole variety of theatrical and other stage arts, from the Alloy Theater with its high quality program of classical and modern plays to Broadway Across America, where original Broadway shows are shown. The Houston Ballet is considered to be one of the best dance companies in the United States, and the Houston Symphony Orchestra provides an excellent sound experience. It is also very impressive to visit the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Natural Science.
Dallas: Welcome to the Arts District
The Arts District is an area northeast of the city center. More than ten important cultural highlights can be found there, including the art museum, which has a collection of more than 23,000 works of art. In the Nasher Sculpture Center you can marvel at a special selection of masterpieces of sculpture. An architectural masterpiece is undoubtedly the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, an impressive concert hall where the Dallas Symphony Orchestra plays.
Chinati Foundation: maximum creativity of a minimalist
The Chinati Foundation is an art museum in the city of Marfa, south Texas, not far from Big Bend National Park.
It was founded in 1987 by Donald Judd, an American painter, sculptor and architect who is one of the main exponents of so-called minimalism. He realized his ideas of architecture and art there, in the middle of the desert, surrounded by the Chinati Mountains. In addition to the works of Judd, installations by other artists such as John Chamberlain and David Rabinowitch can also be seen.
Each trip can be customized to your liking! Our travel consultants will be happy to make you an individual offer.
8 days / 7 nights hotels, rental cars and 1st tank of fuel
Legendary Route 66 with the Harley, including 18 nights hotels & all miles
21 days / 20 nights hotels and rental cars incl. 1st tank filling
- What do you think of Maria Sharapova
- Which laptop is required for the data analysis
- How is the chicken business in Hyderabad
- What are the disadvantages of refrigerator water
- How to Buy Real Estate in India
- Uses BIP38 SHA 256 for encryption
- How do I get the original invoice
- Permanent teeth are replaced by the body
- Which artist sang the song Hey Jude?
- Are you secretly an alien?
- Do you feel better without Facebook?
- Codes the ECO programming
- Can Virat Kohli break Sachin Tendulkars' record?
- What are some examples of equivalent relationships
- Ethereum prices will be corrected soon
- Can you read unlimited books in prison?
- Can antibiotics cure conjunctivitis
- Which laptop is provided by Manipal?
- What are the best scholarships for women
- Mineral water may of course contain bubbles
- Goes dark red with burgundy
- How did Japanese militarism lead to World War II
- How can I be a 10x parent
- Can a person intentionally drown himself