What are the side effects of Purslane
Purslane: more about the origin and healing properties of the medicinal plant
Many garden owners still control purslane as a weed. Wrongly? There are many vitamins and nutrients in the plant that can have a positive effect on health.
The original origin of purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is unknown today. However, the plant now grows almost all over the world. In this country it occurs mainly in central Germany and in the south. The annual plant can reach a stature height of up to 40 centimeters. It is particularly noticeable because of its thick and fleshy leaves, which serve as water reservoirs.
Used plant parts
The leaves together with the stems are used.
- Provitamin A
- vitamin C
- Vitamin E.
- B vitamins
Purslane is said to relieve headaches and can also help with other nerve problems. Due to the high vitamin C content, it should also be able to act against scurvy and against gingivitis caused by a vitamin deficiency. The aromatic, slightly nutty taste of purslane also goes very well in salads, soups and sauces. Since the plant is perishable, it should definitely be consumed within a few days. It can be kept longer by soaking it in vinegar.
Purslane has been known since the Middle Ages. This is evidenced, among other things, by Wolfram von Eschenbach's "Parzival", where it says: "Then a son of the landlord brought purslane and lettuce, broken in vinegar ...".
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Why study psychoanalytic theory
- In one sentence, what makes you sad
- What happened to Silver Age Superman
- Was Jesus in the garden of Eden
- Can dust particles be charged electronically
- Which side gives a free bonus spin
- Why are tacos so popular
- How did Albert Eisenstein change the world
- Which is better CA or CS 2019
- Provides GoDaddy com a US server
- Why are people so in love with psychopaths
- When does it get dark in Ireland?
- Is your place in Ukraine
- How does Northern Ireland see the EU
- Why doesn't Reliance manufacture FMCG
- What are some of the ethical principles
- Why are some bacteria resistant to penicillin
- Can an employee open a company?
- Why can't the human brain feel pain?
- Life jackets can be washed
- How was your English newspaper HSC 2019
- Are bean seeds
- Can animal viruses attack plants?
- Why are doves a symbol of peace