How does running help burn fat
Get started Running myth: does fat burning only start after 30 minutes?
You have to persevere in sport for a while: fat loss only begins after 20 minutes - this supposed wisdom is heard a lot. Sometimes there is also talk of 30 minutes. Whether 20 or 30 minutes - is there a fixed point in time at which the fat melts? No, says Caroline Werkmeister, medical director at the competence center for sports and exercise medicine at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf. “There are different ways of generating energy, and they all run in parallel,” she explains.
GET YOUR BODY IN ITS BEST! IN THE LAUFEN.DE SHOP YOU WILL FIND MORE THAN 100 GREAT FITNESS ITEMS AT A GLANCE
However, the type of energy production depends on the intensity and duration of the load. First there is adenosine triphosphate, the carrier of the immediate cell energy. During short, intense exertion, most of the energy comes from carbohydrates, explains Werkmeister. Fat is burned, too, but rather little. Only with longer and less intense activities do fat and protein reserves come into play.
If you want to burn a lot of fat and lose pounds, it is best to move at a low intensity for a long time. Longer endurance runs at a pace at which you can still talk are ideal. You lose even more if you briefly increase the load again and again during a phase of low intensity (interval training), recommends Werkmeister. When and how the body burns the most fat is different for everyone and also depends on the amount of muscle mass, diet and stress level.
- Which animals live in groups and why
- What are some good bra alternatives
- How do you get over depression
- What causes deep sleep
- Are there democrats who worship Satan
- How long do broken blisters hurt
- All flamenco pizza restaurants offer delivery
- How can I sell globally
- Got rid of Hulu ads
- Why is Kim Kardashian white
- What is the value of 394
- Why does CBD oil reduce my migraines
- Which is the cheapest area in Mumbai
- Trained Putin Trump
- Which social media account should you prioritize
- What is meant by ideological power
- Is there a PCS officer in Himachal
- Why do electrons repel
- How were gunshot wounds treated in World War I.
- At what age did you start to work?
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo better than Virat Kohli
- Isn't it illegal to have a car door
- Can i invest in isro
- Why are you watching YouTube animations