How do you close a wine bottle
Reseal a wine bottle without a cork
Closure only helps partially
After uncorking a bottle, the physical process of oxidation begins. The process known as “breathing” is initially important for the development of the wine. With increasing duration, however, it affects the taste and in the foreseeable future will lead to a "death of pleasure".
Simply sealing a wine bottle with opened contents will only help a little to slow down this process. Nevertheless, the oxygen supply should definitely be interrupted after the bottle has been closed. The oxygen that has penetrated into the empty space in the bottle continues its taste-destroying work.
Types of closure and aids
The decorative cones made of glass, wood or metal usually have rings made of rubber or plastic on the flanks to create airtightness. Rubber cone plugs automatically bring this property with them. Especially with metal models, the dead weight ensures a stable fit.
Closing caps with springs
Metal heads with a sealing disc mounted on a spring are suitable for different types of bottles. Two folding side wings are attached for attachment. In order to achieve an airtight seal, the wings must be able to “snap into” glass beads. Not all wine bottles have the right beads.
Hang in a teaspoon
As with other, especially carbonated, drinks, the insider tip of stuffing a teaspoon into the open neck of the bottle is a physical "duck".
As can already be seen with some uncorking, cylindrical plastic corks are also suitable as closures. A plastic cork pulled from the bottle, however, in many cases does not have the property of having a slightly smaller diameter when turned upside down, as is almost always the case with natural corks.
Twist and screw cap
Similar to the closure caps, the fastening option is decisive in order to prevent the air supply. There are universal models for which a bead on the bottle neck is sufficient to be able to “grip” the thread.
- Is email marketing spam
- Why doesn't President Trump like Justin Amash
- Are Clary and Jace together
- What do Italians think of Russia?
- Ever lovingly hate your dog
- Why do I love like the villains
- How do beetles taste
- What is your favorite fluffy cute animal
- What is the polarity of CCl4
- What is the hard drive
- If a draft happened, I would fight
- What is Sugar Daddy Dating
- How many faces does a tetrahedron have?
- How to win the DNA lottery
- What are the innovative design ideas for brochures
- What is the simplest referencing style
- Does MRSA ever go away
- Why do governments need secrets
- How was racism in America with Africans
- What is waste management
- How can we choose furniture fabrics
- What would happen if Microsoft didn't exist?
- What do people wrongly think of doctors?
- Where is the story of the Czechs