What is Modern Greek
Modern Greek and Ancient Greek
Does knowledge of ancient Greek help you learn modern Greek?
Yes of course! The following certainly applies: Anyone who wants to learn German in order to have a conversation in the 21st century will not start with Middle High German. Nor will one learn ancient Greek primarily because of that in order to deal more easily with modern Greek. Yet this, too, is an undeniable and beneficial effect of teaching ancient Greek.
Of course, Greek has evolved just as Latin became Italian. But the Greeks still use the same alphabet today as they did 2500 years ago, and many words still have the same meanings. The grammar of Modern Greek is basically a simplified version of ancient Greek; In this area, ancient and modern Greek are much closer than Latin and Italian, for example. And the changed pronunciation in Modern Greek was learned just as quickly as the Greek alphabet.
There is no doubt that modern Greek is easier to learn with some knowledge of ancient Greek.
Modern Greek in Greek lessons
Unfortunately, one has to admit that we have very little knowledge of Modern Greek in Classical Greek. The hour cuts in recent years and decades leave less and less time for this. This is also reflected in the new Greek textbook Dialogues for the 9-year high school, which - unlike the previous work - no longer contains any additional chapters on modern Greek. However, there is usually still enough time for a few basics: At least the pronunciation changes in Modern Greek will always be able to be dealt with in ancient Greek lessons.
- What do flying squirrels eat?
- What is Patagonia known for?
- Who is Stephen Curry
- Why was Whitey Bulger murdered
- Are your dreams usually happy or sad?
- What are some good google cloud tutorials
- Originally chess had different rules
- When was Frankenstein released?
- Can gluten cross the blood brain barrier?
- What is the secret of antigravity
- Why have your spiritual beliefs changed?
- Will Node js accept an ES6 import
- What is the Chase Withdrawal Limit Policy
- Why did JINI technology not start
- How did the Shang dynasty rule
- How are open and closed ecosystems alike
- What is the quality of petroleum
- How do you say each in Dutch
- Is England overrated
- Has anyone made a profit in Forex
- Who cuts and sells meat
- Sneezing can lead to hearing loss
- What makes the Simpsons so popular
- How are your company trips
- How does jumping rope help you in sports?
- What is the creation of the guitar
- What is AirWatch tracking
- Which advertising medium is most effective
- Why did Manchester United lose to PSG
- What are famous Scottish desserts
- Where can I buy cheap manga books
- What is the best desktop search engine
- Rarely a tortoise crime in India
- Why are bus steering cranes flat?