What is WordPress and Joomla
Apps / software Joomla vs. WordPress - which CMS is better?
Joomla and WordPress are content management systems that are well suited for creating a website. Both are free and have a lot in common - but they differ in a few ways. To make your decision easier, let's compare the two for you.
WordPress vs. Joomla: Many similarities
A content management system (CMS) is software that is used to create, edit and publish content. Often several authors are involved, whose actions are coordinated by the software. Joomla (proper name: Joomla!) And WordPress are the most popular free CMS when it comes to creating websites. Joomla was first released in 2005. It originated from the open source CMS "Mambo" and is led by a management team and Open Source Matters, Inc., a non-profit organization in the USA.
Wordpress was originally programmed by the US web developer Matthew Mullenweg, appeared for the first time in 2004 and was initially intended specifically for blogs. It is supported by the WordPress Foundation, a non-profit organization based in San Francisco. Both WordPress and Joomla are under the GNU General Public License licensed, for both you need no programming skills.
Otherwise, the two have a lot in common: Both are regardless of the browser usable and have a great Community. The latter is a great strength, because since the two CMS are open source programs, the many users can program and publish extensions for the CMS themselves. So you have a large, public collection for both CMS Plugins available - in addition to the already built-in templates for design and structure of the website (templates or themes).
Differences: more popular, easier, safer
Getting started with Joomla and WordPress is quite easy and possible without CMS experience. However, WordPress is even more intuitive, the backend is kept simple and it offers the so-called "five-minute installation", after which you can start immediately and create a website. WordPress is also by far the most popular CMS for website creation. WordPress has a good 60% market share - Joomla follows it with only a good 6%.
The market advantage of WordPress has consequences: On the one hand, this CMS has a larger community. Hence there is for this more plugins and a better one Support. On the other hand, the success also has disadvantages, because the more websites are created with a CMS, the more interesting it is for hackers.
CMS decision depends on the goal
Which of the two CMS you should use ultimately also depends on what exactly you are planning to do. WordPress works well for Blogs and smaller websitesthat you can implement very quickly with it. Joomla, on the other hand, offers more options and is also suitable for more complex page structures. Therefore, familiarization is a little more difficult. In order to use the two CMS, you have to register on the respective website: Here you come to WordPress, here you come to Joomla.
- What are the best fall family activities
- What is BOTOX cosmetics
- How is El Salvador divided into states
- Which stage is syphilis not contagious
- Why is feminism considered bad
- Can an employee open a company?
- How do you match beer with food
- What are diuretics BN
- Is India's judicial system out of date?
- Where is CNN filmed
- Is NSU CSE better than BUET
- How good is the Kaveri engine
- Is the blood pressure 137 89 normal?
- How do I delete the CISM certification
- What is suryakant nerve
- Why don't aliens live with us
- Why do some drivers accelerate
- Is England overrated
- What are the benefits of cryotherapy
- Had God destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- How do I improve the processing ability of the brain
- What causes pimples under your eye
- The world will have no more people
- Why is my daughter ignoring me
- What does woo
- What would a T Rex really sound like?
- What is the best early pokemon game
- Why it always tastes salt
- How do super attractive guys look like?
- Why is tipping prohibited in Japanese restaurants
- What is ECMP in Cisco
- What is a drafted soldier
- What is ECMP in Cisco
- How good is the Google Duo app