How do epoxy and fiberglass differ
Epoxy resin or polyester resin - which is better?
Polyester resin the cheap alternative?
The addition of hardener is variable to a certain extent when mixing polyester resin. Therefore, mixing is not quite as time-consuming and difficult as with epoxy resin. Nevertheless, the amount of hardener that is added to the polyester mass should be between 1.5 and a maximum of 2.5 percent.
Strength and fiberglass mats
However, if you add too much hardener to the polyester resin so that it becomes just as strong as the epoxy resin, it becomes brittle and more fragile. If too little hardener is added, complete hardening often cannot take place. However, polyester resin bonds better to fiberglass mats than epoxy resin. The binder in the fiberglass mats is dissolved by the styrene it contains.
Disadvantages of polyester resin compared to epoxy resin
The disadvantages of one product are of course always the advantages of the other.
- strong unpleasant odor when drying
- lower strength
- often not completely hardened
- Not suitable for indoor use
- less stable in water
- can emit pollutants even after drying
Epoxy resin - the expensive all-rounder
For many applications, epoxy is much more suitable than polyester resin, but it is also a lot more expensive. The odor development is very low and after curing, epoxy is absolutely impact-resistant, if it has been mixed correctly. In addition, epoxy resin bonds better to a wide variety of materials, even if they are perfectly smooth. With metal or glass, only epoxy can actually be used.
Disadvantages of epoxy resin
- significantly more expensive
- Mixing ratio must be adhered to exactly
- Glass fiber mats that contain styrene are difficult to process
- Did you try the bottle cap challenge
- How can you overcome too much dreaming
- What are the coolest things to code
- What is your rating of Neo Jeffersonianism
- CBD or THC
- What is irritability a sign of
- Is the cyclopentadienyl anion planar
- What is data science engineering about
- Why do dogs smell their private parts
- The density increases with increasing mass
- Are Christians really more open-minded
- Are you ready for snowstorms
- How does the unit vector denote the direction?
- How do I identify resistance values
- What is a hemisensory symptom
- How does stress control our behavior
- What is 666 666 666 666 666
- What comes after choosing math
- Which song can motivate you
- Do psychopaths get a headache
- How applicable is relational database theory
- Why hasn't the world ended yet?
- What should altcoins learn from Bitcoin
- How is the S P index calculated
- How do busy professionals make new friends?
- How much does a cassowary cost
- What free animation software does Disney use
- Excel Pivot Tables 101
- What is the advantage of JFET
- What actors do their own stunts
- What did Amazon start?
- Which Turkish cities did Kurds traditionally want?
- Why is Christian theology so irrational