Zero is a constant
Knowledge of linear functions
bettermarks »Math book» Algebra and functions »Functions and their representations» Linear functions »Knowledge of linear functions
In these explanations you will learn how you can skillfully use your knowledge of linear functions to check the truth of statements or to find points in the coordinate system under certain conditions.
Intersections with the coordinate axes
The graph of a linear function f with the function equation (and unrestricted domain) intersects the y-axis at the point. There is an intersection with the x-axis if m ≠ 0. For the graph is a straight line parallel to the x-axis.
If the slope of the straight lines -1 and b is not equal to 0, the straight line intersects the coordinate axes in such a way that an isosceles triangle is created, the y-axis intercept and the zero point have the same value.
You can quickly determine the points of intersection with the coordinate axes using the parameters in the straight line equation in normal form. You can read off the y-axis intercept directly, the straight line intersects the y-axis at the point (0 | b). You can calculate the zero by using inserts the value 0 for y and solves the equation for x. The straight line intersects the x-axis at the point (|)
The straight line g with the equation intersects the y-axis at the point (|) and the x-axis at the point (|). If the y-axis intercept, the straight line is called the straight line through the origin.
The graph of a linear function is a straight line. The straight line runs depending on the slope
You can take the slope directly from the straight line equation in normal form (). It is equal to m, i.e. the coefficient of x. If the slopes of two straight lines are the same and their y-sections are different, then the straight lines are parallel.Depending on the scaling of the coordinate axes, the graph of a linear function can appear steeper or flatter.
- Is it safe in Argentina at night
- Too much skepticism is bad
- Is it bad for your mental health to watch the news?
- How hated is Congressman Steve King
- What happens when you enter the witness protection
- Does the counseling work for drug addiction
- What is theoretical biology
- It is worth studying at the FH Aachen
- Which side gives a free bonus spin
- Which companies were founded in a garage?
- Are yamaha speakers good
- Makes Gibson guitars in China
- How many words does the Avestan language include?
- Are pistachio shells made of wood
- Will you sweep the classroom
- Why is Area 51 called Traumland
- TimeWatch introduces a new biometric solution
- How do I reduce my monthly expenses
- What is the purpose of molecular docking
- What makes a successful company blog
- What is intraday in the stock market
- What superheroes have super villain superpowers
- What is a parallelogram method
- What do you do for others every day