When will Android 2.1 work on Droid
Eclaire without new apps: Google excludes Android 2.1 from the Android market
Google intends to discontinue the Android Market on June 30, 2017, which means that devices that do not run the current app supermarket Google Play will no longer receive any new apps or updates for installed apps, Google announced in the developer blog. However, only ancient devices are affected, namely those with Android 2.1 (code name Eclair) and older - Android 2.1 was released in early 2010.
In Google's version distribution statistics, Eclair last appeared in August 2013 with 1.2 percent. After that, the counting method was changed so that only versions 2.2 and higher could be counted - that was already twice as many back then. In the meantime, Android 2.2 no longer appears in the statistics and thus has a share of less than 0.1 percent; Android 2.3.3 only comes to 0.8 percent. Devices with Android 2.1 should therefore have a maximum of 0.1 percent share, and even less. Android 2.1 had the highest prevalence with 59.7 percent in August 2010, in December 2011 the share fell below 10 percent.
Owners who still do not want to part with their Eclair androids can look for new apps in alternative shops and APK download sources, for example at F-Droid - but their shop app has only been running with Android 2.3 or higher since October 2016 .3. C't 4/2017 gave an overview of alternative Android shops.
(yow)Read comments (56) Go to homepage
- How do I delete the CISM certification
- Mosquitoes hibernate in winter
- PVC floats in sea water
- How's it going on Quora
- Learning can take place without intention
- Directional tires wear off faster
- Why are there no successful matriarchal societies
- What could an innovation be for music?
- What is the weight of the hydra
- Is Trump a red herring
- What does XP stand for
- What is the AB + blood group character
- What is HET in Honda motorcycles
- Unsweetened yogurt is good for weight loss
- Are antidepressants as harmful as meth
- How do I make manure
- Is the floor temperature warmer than air
- Have rights under utilitarianism
- Do plants have a mind?
- How are memory and dysgraphy related?
- What are good part-time jobs in Canada
- Is anyone currently 3D printing buildings
- Which countries don't like Finland?
- How did Charlie Rose get his fortune?
- What is a course result
- How is the S P index calculated
- What does the P-symbol stand for?
- What is a time invariant system
- Why is the earth not flat
- How can I give my girlfriend goose skin
- How does Reddit compare to Digg
- Which is more important locally or biologically
- How expensive is a Tesla Supercharger Station
- What are the origins of electronic music