Heartbreak is a physical feeling
Heart pain (Angina pectoris, chest tightness, heart tightness, stenocardia)
The treatment of heart pain depends on the underlying condition. It ranges from acute or emergency therapy (e.g. for angina pectoris or myocardial infarction) to medication and surgery. A change in lifestyle also plays an important role in minimizing the cardiovascular risk in the long term. At this point, only the therapy of angina pectoris and myocardial infarction will be discussed.
Treatment of heart pain caused by tightness of the heart (angina pectoris)
In the acute situation, nitroglycerin preparations (spray or cheekbone capsule) bring rapid relief. The person concerned receives this from the doctor and should always be on hand in the event of corresponding complaints. Various other drugs such as beta blockers, calcium channel inhibitors, anticoagulants and cholesterol-lowering drugs (so-called statins) are used for longer-term drug therapy.
If the drug therapy is not sufficient or if the coronary arteries are more narrowly narrowed, other interventions are necessary. These include balloon dilatation (expansion of the narrowed coronary artery) and / or stent implantation (placement of a stent at the constriction to prevent re-occlusion) or a bypass operation.
Treatment of a heart attack
In the case of a heart attack, drugs that dissolve clots (thrombolysis) or cardiac catheter interventions such as balloon dilatation and / or stent implantation are the main options, later possibly a bypass operation.
Reduction of risk factors
A healthy lifestyle is useful to reduce the heart risk. These include regular exercise, a healthy diet, weight loss, quitting smoking, restricted alcohol consumption and a reduction in stress levels. In addition, it is important to get a handle on any elevated blood pressure values, elevated cholesterol values or elevated blood sugar values.
- How bees buzz
- Did Michael Jackson ever go to Walmart?
- Why do students choose FMS Delhi
- Is Cipro the best treatment for epididymis
- What gift should I give to my teacher
- What is meant by consecutive natural numbers
- What is laparoscopic surgery in children
- What is construction site execution in building construction
- Harvoni cures HEP C.
- How do I commute in Sikkim
- Nurses have affairs with doctors
- Is Charles Krauthammer ever right?
- Is philosophy all about thinking?
- Should I start a hydrodipping business?
- Why is polycarbonate so strong
- Does Brocas aphasia affect reading
- Do you have time to celebrate
- How is Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar
- Genius is a conscious choice
- Which is better DOS or Windows
- What is the main cause of abortion
- Why do I feel alienated?
- What is the future of gaming headsets
- Asia Argento is an angel