How do you eat less carbohydrates
Lose weight: no carbohydrates in the evening?
Slim in your sleep? That's it! The theory: if you do without carbohydrates in the evening, you burn fat at night. If, on the other hand, he eats a portion of pasta in the evening, fat loss is blocked. "There's something to it," says Professor Susanne Klaus from the German Institute for Nutritional Research in Potsdam-Rehbrücke.
Put simply, when you eat carbohydrates, your blood sugar levels rise. This releases the body's own hormone insulin. It causes sugar, or more precisely glucose, to move from the blood into the cells. At the same time, insulin promotes the formation of fat and inhibits its breakdown. During the day, the body mostly covers its energy needs through food. At night, the organism attacks its own reserves when necessary to get energy. And that happens, among other things, through the breakdown of fats.
The calorie intake is crucial
But: Even during the day, the body goes to the fat deposits if you consume more energy than you consume - for example through exercise. And: if you don't eat the carbohydrate meal in the evening, you are still not allowed to eat more than usual during the day. "The total amount of energy in a day always counts," notes Klaus. So it comes down to the calories you eat every day.
Nevertheless, the nutrition expert says: "Eating fewer carbohydrates to lose weight is definitely worth a try." This weight-loss method is easy to implement. You don't have to laboriously count calories before each meal, just eat less of certain foods. For example, bread, pasta, rice, sweets, dishes made from white flour and sugary sodas contain plenty of carbohydrates. Likewise in potatoes and fruit - but also depending on the variety.
Simple carbohydrates increase blood sugar levels quickly
Food also contains different types of carbohydrates. While sweets and sweet lemonades mainly consist of quickly digestible sugars, more complex carbohydrates are found in legumes and whole grain bread, for example. Quickly digestible carbohydrates cause blood sugar to skyrocket and usually only fill you up for a short time. We digest complex carbohydrates more slowly, they only cause blood glucose to rise moderately and we feel satiated for much longer.
If you want to eat fewer carbohydrates, you should save on sweets and sugary sodas in particular. Two to three snacking units a week is perfectly fine, every day would be a little too much. Whole grain products - whether as rice, spaghetti or bread - you shouldn't completely hold back. This also applies to fruit. Although bananas, kiwis and dried fruits contain a relatively high amount of glucose, they also contain important vitamins, minerals and fiber. So fruit should still be on the menu.
Ready-made dressings often contain a lot of sugar
Tip: You can make the portions smaller for whole grain products. So less pasta and rice, but more vegetables on the plate. Do not make the warm meal with carbohydrates every day. Instead, fry a portion of salmon or turkey and serve it with a salad. Since "ready-made dressings often contain a lot of sugar", as Klaus says, a homemade sauce with vinegar and oil is better. The German Nutrition Society found out that most Germans cover their carbohydrate needs with bread. There is also potential for savings here: instead of two slices of bread, combine one slice with a portion of lettuce, radishes or yoghurt. In addition, a thinner slice also makes you full.
If you are only fixated on avoiding carbohydrates, you may forget that fat is also a source of calories. One gram of fat contains about nine kilocalories, the same amount of sugar only about four kilocalories. Nutrition experts say that a low-carb diet is often associated with increased consumption of fat and protein. But fatty calorie bombs do not make the pounds go away any more than sweet sins!
Conclusion: It can help you lose weight if you consume fewer carbohydrates - based on the whole day. The method is easy to implement and saves calories, says nutrition expert Klaus. "However, this only applies if you eat a lower-calorie diet overall." No sugar, but more fat or other energy donors are of no use. You should also move. That burns calories and builds muscle mass. More muscles use more energy.
Lose Weight: How To Stop Cravings
What to do when you feel like eating? How cravings arise, how it can be slowed down and ...
Lose weight healthily: five tips
Many people fail when trying to lose weight over the long term. These tips can help you ...
Lose Weight By Ingesting Bacteria?
The germ Akkermansia Muciniphila helps in studies with weight loss. But it is not a magic drug. Experts...
- Bees and wasps scare you
- Real life example of Monopsony
- What podcasts do prose lovers listen to
- Does democracy actually promote wars
- Where do I get Devops sample projects from
- Why are optically inactive compounds identical
- What is the most powerful dirt bike
- Can I write scripts with C ++
- What is Goshen Disease
- Are there unions for animators
- Does the PSN store accept payment by debit card
- What makes Dover so successful
- Law How automatable are judges
- Do plants have amino acids
- Do Swedish laws favor women over men
- Who would win Shaggy or Michael Myers?
- Can we use capacitor in alternating current
- Are the cell wall and cytoplasm an organelle?
- Every beginning has an end
- Which UML Diagrams Business Analyst is used
- Are chemical salt compounds explosive
- What is the future of Idea Telecom
- How much do lawyers earn in small towns
- Is Ginny Weasley beautiful
- Get discounted Disneyland tickets for California residents
- What is a video art installation
- Is there a free Google Cloud
- What is the state of Oregon best known for
- What is session_start in PHP
- Why don't Filipinos consider themselves Asians
- Are there American manufacturers of outboard motors
- How to be successful in mobile marketing
- How does pure cocoa taste
- Is IITD less than IITB