What are some languages related to Arabic
Who speaks arabic
Around the world, Arabic is spoken by around 300 million people as their mother tongue, making it one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. In addition, around 10 million people speak Arabic as a second language.
The country with the most native Arabic speakers today is Egypt with around 77.5 million.
But Arabic is also - and this is a very central aspect - the language of Islam. The Koran, the holy script of this world religion, is traditionally printed in Arabic script and language. According to the Muslim faith, the Koran is the literal revelation of Allah, which was brought to the Prophet Mohammed by the Archangel Gabriel.
Because of the belief in the literal transmission of the words of God, every sign, word and phrase is sacred and inviolable. There are translations of the Koran in most languages, but only in the Arabic original is the script considered to reproduce exactly what was revealed. The Koran may only be recited in Arabic in order to avoid errors in translations and to reproduce the literal transmission of the message.
Islam is the religion of around 1.3 billion people worldwide. For pious Muslims it is - as explained - a religious act and brings high (religious) prestige to study the Koran in the original. This is how many Muslims can (at least fundamentally) read the Arabic language. It is also considered a special religious honor to be able to recite the Koran (or at least parts of it) by heart. The prosaic language used in the Koran can only be reproduced in all its facets in the original Arabic. When translating into other languages, this linguistic attraction is usually lost.
This again shows the importance of the Arabic language worldwide.
The Koran is alsothe Criterion for grammatical, orthographic or linguistic questions about Arabic. It is regarded as the "guideline" for the correct use of the language.
But now back to the question of who speaks Arabic. You have already learned where Arabic is the official language and how many people around the world speak it as their mother tongue.
In order to be able to speak Arabic with other people, you don't necessarily have to go out into the “big wide world”.
No, there are certainly people in your circle of acquaintances, in your neighborhood, in your family or among your work colleagues who speak Arabic as their mother tongue or second language. Just think of the list of countries we have included in this grammar. In the Federal Republic of Germany alone there are several hundred thousand people who (or their parents) come from Arabic-speaking countries. Instead of talking or greeting each other in German as usual, surprise your Moroccan neighbors, the Lebanese mother of your son's playmate, your Sudanese postman or the Iraqi husband of your best friend with one
"MarHaban! Kayfa ḥāluka? - Hello! How are you?". What do you think, what astonished looks you will get when you can "suddenly" talk in Arabic? Well, if this list contained too many clichés for you, we would like to express one thing: There will certainly be people in your immediate vicinity who speak Arabic as their mother tongue or second language.
Get to know the Arabic alphabet in the following chapter.
- What is Kellyanne Conway's position
- Women feel weak after masturbation
- What makes an event important in history
- All Berber dialects are mutually understandable
- Why is Raqqa so important to ISIS
- Exercise may cause a mild fever
- How was your NABARD Grade A exam
- Why is learning CPR important?
- What does Unalome Tattoo
- Did the people in the Soviet Union smoke
- What did the Roman Empire do right?
- Ukraine means outskirts of Russia
- How old is the communication
- How much do FIFA 20 coins cost
- How do you say it in Swahili
- Is global climate change destroying our coffee?
- What is the color of purple
- What is your favorite free resume template
- What effects did the Second World War have on Africa?
- Can you indict a former president?
- Bigots are really happy people
- How do I choose boxing gloves
- What is cytosol Where is it located
- What kind of liquor is Scotlands drink of choice
- How can I overcome a slight androphobia
- What does acquisition mean in sales
- How can you become a ship pilot?
- Why are parabolic antennas flat in color
- Does the Btech certificate correspond to the degrees
- A lot of philosophy is detrimental
- Did Kant refute the existence of God
- Which is the best new cell phone
- What makes the Uzumaki clan so powerful?
- Where is the airport for Austin Texas