What is the widest mountain on earth
The highest point on earth is in Ecuador on the Chimborazo
The largest mountain on earth is Mount Everest, every child knows that. But is the highest point on earth located on its summit? Not at all. Because the highest point on earth is in Ecuador. Strictly speaking, on the top of the inactive Chimborazo volcano. Do not you believe? We'll reveal why that is. And if you want to take a closer look at the highest point on earth, take a look at our photo show.
The highest point on earth is in Ecuador
The Chimborazo reaches a height of 6310 meters - Mount Everest in the Himalayas makes it to 8848 meters. But these data are measured in terms of sea level, so the highest mountain is clearly the eight-thousander. What many do not consider, however, is that the summit of Chimborazo is much closer to the equator. And since the earth is not a real sphere, but rather an ellipsoid of revolution due to its rotation, the distance from the center of the earth to the equator is much greater than, for example, to the north and south poles. The following applies: the closer a point is to the equator, the further it is from the center of the earth - and for this reason the summit of Chimborazo is the highest point on earth measured by the distance to the center of the earth. The summit of Chimborazo is two kilometers further from the center of the earth than that of Mount Everest: The distance from the summit of Chimborazo to the center of the earth is 6384.557 kilometers, while the tip of Mount Everest separates "only" 6382.414 kilometers from the center of the earth. So if we had sorted that out ...
Apart from the theory ...
... you can also climb the Chimborazo. This is actually very popular with professionals, as the ascent is comparatively easy and possible all year round. Many tour operators such as Ikarus Tours offer tours to the huge mountain giant. Incidentally, Alexander von Humboldt undertook the first real ascent in 1802. The last eruption of the inactive volcano took place an estimated 550 years ago. Today the upper part of the mountain is even glaciated from an altitude of around 5100 meters. Individual arms of the glacier reach down to 4,600 meters into the valley.
- How do I make my exe
- Which it is something that still surprises you
- Should a company have an outbound sales process
- What are Split Phase Motors
- May WWE fans Donald Trump
- Which state remains above 40 degrees
- Can sing baritones B4 with chest voice
- How do I get the original invoice
- When did women wear bikinis?
- Is planned parenting for women only
- What can lead to an exceptional demand curve
- Do you prefer tacos or sandwiches
- Indian culture is decaying day by day
- Should I create a separate YouTube channel
- How did Hinduism begin in Bhutan
- Whatever happened to David Carradine
- How do I get a fiance visa
- Suck all check writing software
- Which is better AKG or Galgotia
- What is DNA remapping
- When does celebrity culture end?
- What is the eBay Protection Plan
- Who is the best background removal service
- Which types of calendar users are using more