What is the Chinese word for die
Admittedly, describing a Chinese character on the radio is not that easy. I'll try anyway because it dawned on me. The Chinese word “crisis” consists of two characters. The first is like a lightning bolt drawn quickly and is called "Danger". The second looks like a bride and groom with a lot of imagination and means "chance".
The ancient Chinese must somehow have suspected or known that a crisis consists of two components: danger and opportunity. The fact that a crisis can be dangerous - that's not new to me, I experience it on every corner in these times. But I find the opportunity particularly interesting.
There is also a beautiful story about a shipwrecked man. He's stranded on a lonely island. With the last of his strength, he builds a hut out of driftwood to keep his rescued supplies dry. When he returned from an exploration tour the next day, he saw thick smoke rising from afar. His hut is on fire. All work in vain, he thinks, and now my supplies are burning up. But hours later a yacht holds course for the island and docks. The shipwrecked man asks in astonishment: "How did you know I was here?" The captain replies: "We saw your smoke signals."
What initially looked like a complete catastrophe had a positive effect. And I'm currently experiencing that too. The crisis is sure to bring suffering. People get sick, die, are lonely, overworked, or fall out because they have to live too close together. But in the midst of the crisis, there are also new beginnings: people who make music for others, shop, and present gifts in front of the door. Parents who spend a lot of time with their children. Families and neighbors who, in a figurative sense, move closer together. The traffic decreases, the sky looks clearer, and I now think I can hear more birds chirping.
There are also crises and strokes of fate, there is no thought of new beginnings. Perhaps one can only endure that. And yet, when I look at my own path in life, I realize that it was the crises that brought me forward. Just because my previous job didn't really go on, I ended up at the point where it feels right now. It was only because a relationship was broken that I met my wonderful wife. Most of the time, crises were associated with a new departure. And the old Chinese have obviously known that for a long time: crisis equals danger plus opportunity.https://www.kirche-im-swr.de/?m=30809
- Think billionaires are investing in BTC
- What is cell division
- Where exactly is the Middle East
- Why are Walmart bikes terrible
- Can AI learn morals
- What is Hailee Steinfeld's best role
- How would you describe OOP
- Can I ask math questions about Quora?
- Is silver wire better than copper
- How can pure democracy be achieved
- How much auto insurance in Alberta
- What is positive about Yoko Ono
- Why do you like to play theremin
- Who are the best doctors in orthopedics
- What has Voltaire contributed to the world
- Which company developed the first portable computer
- Are blood vessels made of cells
- What are some home remedies for cavities
- What is part of the Christmas myth
- What are the different varieties of walnuts
- Can my memory be improved dramatically
- Which IIM does B com
- How does a USB charge your phone
- If you are having a bad day why
- What is the specific function of shape tolerances
- How are the risk and the danger of security holes related?
- On which continent is there no desert?
- Can be infinitely equal to zero
- What is 90 of 20
- How can I pass this test
- Are swans mean
- LinkedIn dies in 2019
- What is DSL internet
- Had God destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki