How did Harry get the Philosopher's Stone
Why did Voldemort try to steal the Philosopher's Stone?
The ritual was his backup plan after knowing he couldn't get the stone.
The Dark Lord's original plan, and the plan he preferred, was to steal the Philosopher's Stone. He first decided on other methods, after this he knew there was no chance he could get her.
“There was no longer any hope of stealing the Philosopher's Stone because I knew Dumbledore would have seen it destroyed. But I was ready to resume mortal life before chasing after the immortal. I have set my goals lower ... I would be satisfied with my old body and strength again. " - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapter 33 (The Death Eaters)
It is clear that he considered the stone, which also offers immortality, superior to other methods of restoring himself that did not assure him of immortality.
He was also stronger and more capable before the ritual than when he owned Quirrell.
Even if the Dark Lord used unicorn blood and owned Quirrell, he was very weak.
"I was torn from my body, I was less than ghost, less than the meanest ghost ... but still I was alive." - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapter 33 (The Death Eaters)
Before performing the resurrection ritual, he had already regained some of his strength and found himself in a rudimentary body of his own instead of having to rely on property. He and Wormtail used a potion of unicorn blood and venom from Nagini (a type of snake that he may not have access to while having Quirrell in ghost form) to strengthen it and give it its own shape, if not a complete one.
“He was the able servant I needed, however, and although he is a poor wizard, Wormtail was able to follow the instructions I gave him which would lead me back to a rudimentary, weak body, one that I would be in to be able to live while I wait for the essential ingredients for a true rebirth ... a spell or two of my own invention ... a little help from my dear Nagini "- Voldemort's red eyes fell on the ever circling snake -" a potion made from unicorn blood, and the snake venom that Nagini provided ... I was soon back in almost human form and strong enough to travel. " - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapter 33 (The Death Eaters)
He was then stronger, could wield a wand, and had his own shape that could be placed in the cauldron to bring him back to a proper body.
- What are variable oxidation states
- It is worth studying at the FH Aachen
- Which torture method is most useful
- Which architect designed the city of Jaipur
- Did insects evolve from trilobites
- What is the use of a cambium layer
- Does the truth hurt or cure it
- Is NaOH a solid
- Which countries don't like Finland?
- 3 PRC is implemented for BHEL
- What is Beenie Man's most successful song
- Which is better military or law enforcement
- Who are famous people from Mobile Alabama
- What are the biggest myths about philosophy
- How many times can a beehive be harvested
- How to develop massive delts
- Eternal oblivion is possible
- What kind of food can cats eat?
- How would someone be a bad actor
- What do films do wrong to hackers
- What's up with monogamy
- What is a time-temperature diagram
- What are some 11th hour cooking hacks
- Why do Caucasians hate Hispanics