What is the current Indian national game
Soccer in India: where old stars entertain 1.3 billion unsuspecting people
Every step he takes sounds like he's about to wade through the swamp. The training is less than 20 minutes old when Manuel Friedrich's socks start to make strange noises. Puddles have formed in his football boots. It is the time of the summer monsoon in India, but there is no rainwater that stands in the shoes and makes the jersey stick to the body. The first beads of sweat came out of Friedrich's pores when he left the hotel.
The 35-year-old German has been living in Mumbai, the 20 million-inhabitant metropolis on the west coast of the subcontinent, for four weeks. The thermometer shows 37 degrees Celsius, it's humid and loud. The city, in which more than twice as many people live in a small space as in Austria, looks restless like an anthill.
More than half of the inhabitants have - in view of the heavy rainfalls downright tragic - no water connection and therefore no sewage system. Unfamiliar smells, strange faces, strange language, strange food. "Even if I haven't heard much from the country and its people, everything is different here - completely," says Friedrich, who has toured large parts of Asia in recent years.
India - he emphasizes this several times - is "yet another completely different number". At the end of his career, the German professional was looking for - and found - an adventure. In October, the former defender from Mainz, Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund will be there when the Indian Super League starts, the most recent and so far most costly attempt to teach football culture to 1.3 billion Indians.
"An incomparable, unique championship," promised the marketer IMG-Reliance in his brochure: "It will promote local talent and be home to international stars. With the aim of making football a flagship for the sport in this country."
- Which documents are required for JIPMER
- What are some easy online colleges
- What are the BET Awards
- What are some really smart movie scripts
- Why is my toe red
- Which do you prefer Chrome or Firefox
- How do you go unnoticed
- What job would you be terrible in
- How does Prismatic generate its subject taxonomy
- Can German Shepherd Dogs live outside
- Is there a Moore's law for AI
- Like ticks, chiggers can carry Lyme disease
- Candida can cause histamine intolerance
- What programming language can I start with?
- Why tinder is more successful for girls
- Yorkshire tea is the best tea
- What is Scottsdale AZ known for
- How did you manage to cover EPW
- What if JFK wasn't murdered
- Is it expensive to learn on Skillshare
- Women feel weak after masturbation
- How many web hosting companies are there
- Net Protector Antivirus is an Indian company
- How does augmented reality sound