What is a good economic reference
With the help of econometric methods, economic relationships can be tested and quantified. This is particularly important because the easier access to microdata sets means that the number of empirical studies that evaluate data at household or individual level is increasing more and more. To assess the quality of economic and social science empirical studies that are based on this data and use econometric methods, knowledge of the underlying methods and their assumptions is required.
In this seminar you will receive a practice-oriented introduction to econometrics. You repeat the required statistical knowledge at the beginning of the course in a compact introduction to the elementary basic concepts of statistics. Building on this, the seminar teaches you how to use basic econometric methods. Using suitable application examples and concrete estimation results, you will practice and learn to interpret the results of econometric estimates in a meaningful and appropriate manner. The applications come from microeconometrics. Time series methods are dealt with in the "Basic Techniques II" seminar.
This seminar is part of our econometrics qualification program.
- Simple regression analyzes: variance, covariance, expected value, correlation coefficient, Gauss-Markov conditions, undistorted, consistent and efficient estimator, least squares method, hypothesis test, level of significance, confidence interval, t-test
- Multiple regression analysis: dummy variables, problem of missing variables, multicollinearity
- They reduce any inhibitions against statistical-econometric methods.
- Using PC demonstrations and practical examples, you will learn to interpret the results of econometric estimates in a meaningful and appropriate manner.
- You acquire the ability to criticize empirical studies with a minimum of formal tools.
Speakers and experts from ministries, administration and companies as well as journalists who deal with the interpretation of empirical studies on topics relevant to economic policy
Knowledge of mathematics or statistics at the level of basic or Bachelor lectures in economics
Click on the button below to reload the content.
10/18/2012 - 10/19/2012 | Day 1: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Day 2: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This seminar will probably take place again in the next seminar season.
Leibniz Association, Berlin office
Chausseestrasse 111 10115 Berlin
- What was your most dramatic relationship experience
- What are examples of thermal transfer printers
- There are male sirens in Greek mythology
- What is the Chinese word for die
- How can you overcome too much dreaming
- How do Hollywood directors find dog actors
- How was Lakshadweep formed
- Can I do an MBBS after BUMS
- Why do people read other people's personal journals?
- How does God justify sickness and sickness
- Are you smarter than your life partner
- What is the stenographer selection process
- What makes the Simpsons so popular
- Why don't Filipinos consider themselves Asians
- What is the maximum error in physics
- Can you get fired without knowing
- How do you validate yourself
- Can i invest in isro
- Is God a logical person
- What virtues does Batman represent
- The most moving experience you have ever had
- Who wore 21 for the Dallas Cowboys
- How do I invest in Square
- What does acetone do to paper