How do I find quality correctors
A proofreader has the task of proofreading third-party texts with regard to grammar and spelling and correcting errors.
History of proofreading
The proofreading profession originally comes from the newspaper sector. At that time, the cost of printing newsprint was so high that it was possible to save costs by avoiding errors preventively. In addition, the ability to read and write was still a privilege at that time, which means that a scribe as a proofreader benefited from a high income.
Due to falling printing and publishing costs as well as digitization, the activity as a proofreader in the press area is rarely found. In science and research the work of the proofreader became more and more important. So it is common practice to have scientific texts proofread by a proofreader in the form of specialist publications or dissertations, but also final theses or examination papers / term papers.
Activity of the proofreader
Due to the high linguistic requirements, a classic proofreader is now usually a linguist who has excellent knowledge of the author's language. In addition to absolute thoroughness and attention to detail, a serious proofreader should also enjoy reading and editing texts. It is important to have an absolutely strong ability to concentrate. Reading complex scientific papers can quickly sink them and mistakes can be fatal here. A job riddled with spelling and grammatical errors is an embarrassment in the academic world. Since this type of work can be crucial for an academic career, one should pay attention to the highest quality when proofreading texts. Friends and acquaintances who often carry out this activity usually do not have the linguistic and thematic skills to process a scientific text in the required quality. Proofreading has developed into a subject-specific discipline, especially in the scientific environment. Due to the increasingly specific subject or research fields, it is often necessary to fall back on a proofreader who has sufficient experience in the field and the specialist terminology must be known.
A proofreader should not be confused with an editor who, in addition to the proofreader's performance, also checks the content and scientific consistency.
The work as a proofreader must also be distinguished from that of a ghostwriter who not only revises texts, but also partially or completely writes them.
Who offers proofreading?
Proofreading is offered by many institutions these days. There are special recruitments for proofreaders, i.e. correctors. Editing is often offered in this context. When looking for proofreaders, it is important to understand what they can do. You should therefore ask carefully, especially when it comes to editing academic texts, whether a proofreader can be offered who is well versed in the respective subject and is therefore familiar with the specific technical nomenclature.
Blog articles on the proofreader and tips for proofreading scientific papers
Video: ghostwriting, editing, proofreading - what is what?
Video: Ghostwriter prices at GWriters
7 avoidable mistakes that will cost you the success of your thesis
- What is a fluorescence chemosensor
- What is so desirable about the popularity
- Has the welfare state created incentives for single mothers?
- Where do irregular verbs come from
- America's love affair with cars has come to an end
- Which course can I take online?
- How did Hinduism begin in Bhutan
- Is there a free Google Cloud
- How much do marijuana pipes cost
- Offers Paytm duplicate products
- Any other state student can give KCET
- What is a variance and its application
- Just smart people on Quora
- How do I get a GTR
- Why was there a war in Algeria
- Investopedia will release an app
- How often do flyers fly most often
- Why are there no ARM-based routers
- Should I learn my parents' language
- What is an advocacy paper
- How should you work on an idea
- What is an extruder blow molding machine
- Can I do an MBA after my 12th job?
- How emotions affect people