What are some wise trading ideas
For some online retailers, the product idea is the beginning. These dealers know in advance what you want to sell in your shop. At the beginning, others have no idea what your online shop should be about. If you are still looking for ideas for a product or an entire range of products, you will find inspiration in this article.
The two Ps: products and problems
Let's be honest: Finding the perfect product for your shop may not be easy. You may not have a brilliant idea after two minutes of thinking. Therefore, it is important that you acquire the right mindset when it comes to brainstorming. Get used to being on the lookout for the two Ps in everyday life: products and problems.
In general, pay attention to products in your environment and in the media. What kind of products do your family, friends and work colleagues use? What products do you see on TV, the internet and social media? It's not just about finding a product that you can then sell. Rather, you will find inspiration and come up with your own ideas. Which trends can be identified? What products are the most talked about because people love or hate them? In this way, over time, you will get a feel for the preferences and wishes of your fellow human beings.
A typical problem that can be solved by a new product: to operate a touchscreen in winter, you usually have to take off your gloves
If you go through everyday life with your eyes open, you will occasionally run into small problems. Which little things annoy you in everyday life and could be solved by a new product? The bigger the problem and the better your solution to it, the more people are willing to spend money on such a product.
You don't have to reinvent the wheel and sell a completely new product. It is often enough to create a new market by making small improvements to existing product categories.
An example: With the triumphant advance of smartphones, millions of people encountered the same problem every winter - most smartphones cannot be operated with gloves. Resourceful business people recognized this and offered the solution: so-called touchscreen gloves, with which operation is possible without any problems. These gloves can now be bought everywhere.
Recognize and exploit trends
In addition to products and problems, trends can also help you find your product idea. Pay close attention to such developments. When you have found an interesting trend, come up with suitable products. It is important to recognize developments as early as possible and to react to them. With Google Trends you can check what relevance a trend really is.
Turning interests and hobbies into a career
You should pay particular attention to product ideas in areas that you already deal with on a regular basis. These can be hobbies or areas of interest. This has many advantages:
- You can assess which products are interesting and which details you have to pay attention to
- If you are enthusiastic or at least interested in the topic of your online shop, you will later have more enthusiasm for running your shop
- Ideally, you already have a great deal of specialist knowledge and thus more authority and credibility towards your customers
- You are familiar with the target audience
- Depending on how much time you invest in your hobby, you already know the most important leading media and websites. Perhaps you already have contacts that you can use. In this way, you can discuss your product idea with potential customers and opinion leaders right away.
Bring in family and friends
You certainly have friends, family members or acquaintances whom you can tell about your search for the perfect product idea. Ask these people to pay attention to products and problems in everyday life and to share their ideas with you. If you can find even one interested comrade, you theoretically double your chance of coming up with a good idea.
Use online sources
The Internet is ideal for researching new product ideas and for being inspired. For example, you can search for ideas on Twitter or follow the latest product trends from the USA on Producthunt. In the next article in our series “E-Commerce Made Easy”, we will introduce you to the most important websites and tricks.
Write down all of your ideas - even the bad ones!
Practical brainstorming tips
- Get in the habit of writing down all of your ideas (and those of your friends and acquaintances). A notebook in the cloud, for example a Google Docs document, is suitable for this. So you can write down your ideas from your smartphone or computer at any time.
- Really every idea is worth writing down. Even a supposedly bad idea has the potential to get you on the right track. Sometimes it turns out that the time for a particular idea just hasn't come. However, in a few years it could be very valuable.
- The US author James Altucher swears that you should write down 10 ideas every day. These can be new business or product ideas, or ideas for other areas. In this way, in Altucher's opinion, one strengthens the "muscle of ideas". Try it out, and after a few days you will find out: Above all, this method trains your perception and ensures that you are constantly on the lookout for ideas. And if you write down 300 ideas in a month, you might find a great product idea among them. Read more about this on Altucher's website (only available in English).
This article was updated in March 2020.
- What does it mean to pull the goods
- Is the laser treatment reliable?
- Can you tolerate bad grammar?
- Why are most trans women super feminine
- How was your ICAR 2019 exam
- What should a bicycle tire print be
- What is the test for phenols
- When will Nvidia Geforce Now be released
- How is Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar
- Is Novak Djokovic free from doping
- Why were protons discovered earlier than electrons?
- Why did you regret marrying your spouse?
- Can i eat dog food
- Can I write off renovation costs
- What are catastrophe bonds
- How can we create a partition table
- Which clothing brand will never be out of date
- Permanent teeth are replaced by the body
- Which PS4 game should I buy next?
- How did Julie Andrews age so well
- How do oil companies use seismology
- Why are films never made into books?
- How can i root my Lumia 535
- Plants have free will
- Why do you miss Kota
- Is the word concrete a concrete noun
- What are the pitfalls when you are you
- Why did the Black Panther Party fail
- Should I buy an iPod Touch?
- Has electricity weight
- What do you think of Maria Sharapova
- Can you prove evolution using mathematics