Can I build a wooden PC case?
Do-it-yourself PC case: Incubus 300µ: The reader's work
The practical implementation
To ensure that all parts are precisely manufactured down to the last detail, Sebastian has rewritten his CAD drafts into technical drawings and submitted an order to a joinery. This finally took over the production of all wooden components. As is easy to see, the builder decided in retrospect to use MDF instead of multiplex because it is easier to work with.
For gluing, the individual parts are precisely aligned and fixed with a non-elastic adhesive tape. This is followed by turning the unit that is now glued together. Glue is now placed between the edges, then the parts are folded up and attached from the outside with adhesive tape so that the adhesive can cure in peace.
It continues with the innards of the Incubus 300µ. Here Sebastian glues the two small threaded inserts that are supposed to support the sheet metal on the back after completion with the box walls. Forces keep the unit in shape until the glue dries out. Then the box bottom and box wall are combined. In the last step, the resulting construction is inserted into the incubus and connected to the inner wall. Here, too, clamps are used.
After the wooden assembly, the moment of truth strikes: In an initial test setup, Sebastian checks whether all the holes are in the right places by installing his hardware in the cube housing. With propylene glycol - a substance that is used for smoke machines - he checks whether the air is taking the route out of the housing that has only been theoretically tested up to now. Since all components can be used precisely and the fog test is passed, Sebastian is satisfied with the assembly.
So the finish, the paintwork, can be applied. As usual, the first thing that follows is a primer on which the paint can adhere better. After the drying time, the first layer of white paint is applied to the cube, which must also dry before painting can be continued. To accentuate the Incubus 300µ, Sebastian paints the corner in which the start button will later be integrated black. To do this, all white surfaces must be masked and the corner painted black. To avoid hard colored edges, the foils are peeled off before the paint has dried. The finish of the incubus 300µ is done.
On the next page: impressions and measurements
- Carsten Lissack Email... is responsible for the PC case area on ComputerBase - regardless of whether it is a mini-ITX or a big tower.
- What is Vladimir Putin afraid of?
- What is predictive maintenance
- How to hack stuff online
- Do you think Ilhan Omar is pretty
- Are pistachio shells made of wood
- Why are online ads never streamed live?
- Stephen King is the best living writer
- Increased social spending does not slow economic growth
- Kanban works offline
- How can we teach empathy to children
- How do I make manure
- How do you eat an ice cream
- Can the world's oil reserves be used up?
- How does rust form on metal under water?
- Why does copper not corrode in acidic solution?
- What percentage of people own Bitcoin
- Has privatized the Indian airport authority
- What are the achievements of the Mongols
- What is a hotel company
- How is social ethics ubiquitous and homocentric?
- What do you think this means 2
- When did people develop depth perception?
- What are pets
- Who are Tesla's top competitors