Entomology How bed bugs multiply
Bed bugs - strong together
"Our observations also show that the development of newly hatched larvae does not depend on contact with adult bedbugs and that eggs are sufficient to trigger a new infestation," says Coby Schal of North Carolina State University in Raleigh. His research team compared the development time of young bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) to adult insects under different conditions. In a first series of experiments, the biologists placed a single larva or a group of five in plastic containers and supplied the animals with rabbit blood three times a week. The isolated larvae required 29.6 days to last molt. In the group of five, on the other hand, they were fully grown after 27.5 days, a time reduction of 7.3 percent. Further experiments showed: During development in a group of 50 larvae of the same age, it made no difference whether ten additional adult bed bugs were added.
For a larva that would develop without contact with others, it would not be a major disadvantage if it reached sexual maturity a little later because of the lack of a sexual partner. But in a group, accelerated development is very beneficial as it enables faster reproduction. Apart from that, these animals also have a higher chance of survival, because together they create a more humid microclimate that protects against dehydration. The researchers now want to elucidate the exact mechanism by which growth and development in the group accelerate. They do not rule out that odorous substances released by the larvae could act as signals that trigger faster maturation.
The approximately five millimeters large, wingless bed bugs feed on the blood of warm-blooded creatures. The larvae require a blood meal before each molt. In human dwellings, the nocturnal parasites hide in cracks and crevices in walls and furniture during the day - also under wallpaper and behind picture frames. You will be attracted by the breath and body odor of the sleeping person. Your stings cause prolonged, severe itching.
- Correlates ADHD to Sleep
- How does Joey Diaz make money
- Cures someone for post-therapeutic neuralgia
- Why don't I like to go outside
- Have mushrooms eyes
- Is SHA 256 hash safe
- How to make artificial sand
- Why should anyone like North Korea?
- How to develop massive delts
- Why did man develop religious beliefs?
- What do you think of CivilizationVI
- Do you really understand your skin?
- What do Pakistanis not understand?
- Can I join NCC in grade 10?
- How strong is Tien
- Sweepstakes are a scam
- What is an NCC company
- Orange cats are the friendliest
- How was racism in America with Africans
- How did Robert Lewandowski start his career
- Is marine engineering difficult 1
- Can cause mdma weight loss
- How is ALLEN Kota for NEET repeaters
- Is binary options trading a scam?