What is a physically healthy person
Definition and aspects
When we wish our fellow human beings "health", we usually mean the maintenance of physical well-being or a speedy recovery. A large number of diseases can be determined very precisely via their symptoms, specialists and drugs are specifically available to restore physical health.
But how can health be defined? Is someone already healthy if he has no ailments or does not feel sick?
The WHO (World Health Organization) provided a definition of the term "health" as early as 1948 in its constitution
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not just the absence of illness or infirmity. (...) The possession of the best possible state of health is one of the basic rights of every human being, regardless of race, religion, political opinion and economic or social position. "
Further definitions with different approaches can be found in the article "Health" on Wikipedia (the link can be found at the end of this article).
The interaction: physically, mentally, socially
Viewed individually, a person can, for example, be physically fully functional, but have psychological problems or live socially isolated. How strongly these three aspects of health interact, however, we feel very quickly in ourselves or in our fellow human beings. Our body reacts to stress, to fears and conflicts, our mental freshness diminishes as soon as we become physically ill, and our social contacts can also suffer as a result.
The evaluation: subjective - objective
Only the positive interaction of all factors means health. The assessment of these factors can, however, be very subjective and it is not uncommon for one's own well-being to be an indicator of one's "perceived" health.
About every 20th patient who see a doctor suffers from hypochondriac disorders, which in turn can be defined as a disease. These patients feel sick, fear illness, and are so focused on their bodies that they experience physical symptoms that cannot be diagnosed by a doctor.
On the other hand, a person can feel very good and healthy until he receives a diagnosis from the doctor, such as cancer. Many physical illnesses are not recorded by the patient themselves, or are never recorded at all, because the body's self-healing powers work and diseases can be dealt with by the body itself before they become noticeable to the person concerned.
Effect on health
Almost all of our living conditions have a direct or indirect effect on our health: air, soil and water quality, nutrition, exercise, sleep, rest, relaxation, stress, self-reference, social contacts, love, sexuality, work, security, recognition, goals in life and hobbies . These are essential but by no means all aspects that promote our health in a positive sense and impair it in a negative way.
Personal responsibility - external influence
A healthy lifestyle helps maintain good health. Anyone who constantly exploits their own body through lack of exercise, unhealthy diet and drug consumption attacks their health personally.
However, many factors affect the individual that he can only with difficulty or not at all remediate or influence, such as unemployment, family conflicts or environmental influences.
Education and Financial Aspects
Studies have sufficiently shown that there is a direct connection between a person's health and their education or financial possibilities. Maintaining or regaining health is ultimately linked to an understanding of health, regular preventive examinations, the right choice of doctor and the affordable options that medicine has to offer. In particular, people who suffer from poverty are disadvantaged due to a lack of knowledge, a lack of money and a lack of a healthy lifestyle.
Around 1.8 million children and young people in Germany grow up in poverty. Since poverty has been shown to affect health, this is an alarming signal.
Political and financial aspects
The government determines, among other things, the distribution of funds in the health sector. The distribution is controversial and is always a topic of discussion.
Admittedly, a large number of doctors in Germany have not carried out treatments for reasons of cost.
However, maintaining good health should always come before the necessary treatment of diseases. However, co-payments and reductions, e.g. for preventive medical check-ups and spa stays, have a direct / indirect effect on the health of the individual.
A preventive medical check-up of, for example, 50 euros that is not taken over by the health insurers may lead to illness and treatment of 5000 euros because the patient was unable to take advantage of the preventive care due to financial problems.
We look forward to your comments or questions about our articles:
You might also be interested in -
further articles in PORTALgesund:
- How do I get a fiance visa
- Are violent people mentally ill
- What are castings
- What is impossible punishment
- How do you feel colored hats
- How do I invest in Square
- What is a good introductory engineering curriculum
- How can I improve my TV signal?
- Is online shopping better than offline
- What is the appropriate dosage for meldonium
- Who is the best Fortnite console player
- Where can I download music safely
- Well worth buying the Nikon P1000
- Subhash Chandra Bose was a fascist
- Which cell phone company is growing these days
- When was the League of Nations founded?
- What makes a great social network great
- What is comfrey used for?
- IBM Watson creates new knowledge
- The Turks say Elhamdulliah or Alhamdulliah
- Which smartphone has the best EIS
- What should we immediately stop teaching children?
- What would be considered taboo in Iran
- How to make a gaming video
- Why are drummers underestimated as musicians?
- What's wrong with Lindsay Lohan
- What is yarrow essential oil good for?
- How am I supposed to fight a copyright strike?
- What are the disadvantages of refrigerator water
- What are the different varieties of walnuts
- Which instrument will increase IQ the most?
- What is the best syrup for pancakes
- Where did Akon get his name from?
- Why are common materials dangerous?