What candy should I buy for Christmas?
Along with Easter and Pentecost, Christmas is now one of the highest Christian celebrations of the year. The birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated, although an exact date of birth has not been recorded.
The reason for setting the date to December 25th is believed to be because December 25th. in the Roman sphere of influence was the feast day of the Roman sun god. As the day of the winter solstice, after which the days get longer again, the return of light was celebrated. When Christianity spread in the Roman Empire, they wanted to give this day a new, Christian meaning. Christ as the light of the world should replace the old, pagan faith and its cult in the consciousness of the people.
Christmas has been celebrated in churches in Western Europe on December 25th since the 4th century, but in Germany only from the 7th century onwards. In the Greek Orthodox Church, which uses the Julian and not the Gregorian calendar, Christmas is celebrated 13 days later. The Armenian Christians celebrate the day according to the early Christian tradition on January 19th of the year.
The designation "Christmas" for the day of the birth of Christ is documented as early as the 12th century and goes back to the Middle High German "Ze den wihen nahten" (in the holy nights).
Over the centuries, a wide variety of traditions have developed around Christmas, such as: the decorated Christmas tree, gifts for loved ones, special Christmas carols, special dishes that are eaten around Christmas and much more. Almost every region has its own Christmas tradition
In Germany, Christmas begins on the eve of December 25th with Christmas Eve, on which especially the children receive presents, the Christ Vespers of the Protestant Christians in the afternoon or the Christmas mass of the Catholic Christians at night.
While the Christ Child used to bring the presents to the children on Christmas Eve, today it is Santa Claus in the minds of the people. Inspired by the figure of St. Nicholas, an early Christian bishop, many people have viewed Santa Claus as the one who brings the gifts since the 19th century.
The appearance of Santa Claus with a beard, red coat and fur collar made the advertising of the Coca Cola Company well-known worldwide in the 1920s.
- Where to buy waterproof pants
- How does DSL bonding work
- Which one should I learn Python or PHP
- Can a man wear a mohair dress?
- Why is fat better than sugar
- What is opcode
- What is the Greek crisis about?
- What is digging in excavations
- What does the term carnival mean
- Can anarchy be feasibly built
- Is dry water possible
- Does a nose booger have nutritional value
- What materials are used in wood
- How can I improve my TV signal?
- Net Protector Antivirus is an Indian company
- Where did the English dictionary take shape
- Karl Marx is a utilitarian
- What are some scary hindi songs
- What is Pattachitra Art
- Why are logarithmic returns used in finance
- Is dropshipping still relevant
- Atlanta is cheaper than Chicago
- Have you ever used creative visualization
- How should I fill out a rental slip