Heavy sweating lowers your body temperature
Lower your fever or sweat it out? Tips for elevated temperatures
18.11.2013 – 04:15
Wort & Bild Verlag - health reports
Anyone who has a fever belongs in bed. Because a fever is a sign that our immune system is fighting against pathogens and our body needs rest. The elevated temperature is usually not a threat to healthy people. Those who take it easy will soon recover and do not necessarily have to resort to antipyretic drugs, says Hans Haltmeier, editor-in-chief of "Apotheken Umschau":
Original sound 22 sec.
"Young and healthy people can withstand a fever of 40 degrees, at least temporarily. And if you are otherwise feeling good, it is simply important to rest and sweat properly. Then you help the body to cope with the pathogen. Only then the high fever does not go away after three days, then you have to see a doctor in any case. "
For some people, however, a fever can be dangerous, for example pregnant women, children and the chronically ill. Even if you feel very sick, you should take an antipyretic:
Original sound 16 sec.
"In such cases, you should definitely lower the temperature from 38.5 degrees. For example, with active ingredients such as ibuprofen or paracetamol. If you use them intensively in severe pain, you should also alternate the active ingredients."
When the temperature rises, the body needs sufficient fluid. Therefore, the following motto applies to fever:
Original sound 24 sec.
"First and foremost, drink a lot. Drink a lot, for example linden or elderflower tea, which also have a sweat-inducing effect. You can drink two liters of it a day. Calf wraps have proven their worth are cold, because that puts a strain on the circulation. They should at most be lukewarm. And there are also wraps that are very practical with Velcro. They are easy to put on. "
Both digital and glass thermometers are suitable for measuring fever, writes the "Apotheken Umschau". If you have children, an ear thermometer is useful because you can use it to measure the fever of sleeping children.ATTENTION EDITORS: The sound material is free of charge for use. Please send the broadcast recording to [email protected]
Tel. 089/744 33 123
Fax 089/744 33 459
Email: [email protected]
Original content by: Wort & Bild Verlag - Health reports, transmitted by news aktuell
- Can I speak to Shah Rukh Kha
- What is comfrey used for?
- What is 2 + 23
- Can someone upload pictures from NIT KKR
- MM School is a CBSE school
- What is unsupported length of the column
- What is the best keto bread
- How is secondary school life in America
- What is SF180 Keto
- Are service dogs allowed in hostels?
- What is the opposite of groom?
- Eternal emptiness is a thing
- Does the number 69 mean something?
- How relevant is radio in your life
- What is vshi in Russian
- Is DAT BOI a good rap name
- How Much Can a California Notary Public Make
- What is the percentage increase in Cognizant
- What exactly is the spiritual thought process
- Why should someone leave his friends behind?
- Who is the worst reptile
- Got rid of Hulu ads
- Which artist sang the song Undead?
- Why is alkane called paraffin