How was Node js developed
What is Node.js?
Use other modules
In addition to the http module, Node.js contains a few other modules, for example for the implementation of TCP / IP-based servers, access to the file system or the processing of streams. A list of all included modules and their description can be found in the documentation of Node.js./p>
In order to inform the web browser that the returned content is not pure text but an HTML file, the content-type header must also be transmitted. The writeHead function is used for this and, like the write and end functions, is also available on the res object:
Node.js is accompanied by an exceptionally active community that has already developed numerous additional modules in recent years. Several modules are now available for almost every application. The bandwidth ranges from the connection of databases to communication based on various protocols to video and audio programming.
This entire fund is managed with the help of npm (Node.js Package Manager). However, it is problematic to first gain an overview of the currently around 40,000 modules.
Strengths and weaknesses
The greatest strength of Node.js is the ease with which it can be programmed to create highly scalable applications in a language that any web developer is familiar with. However, Node.js can only develop its true potential if a lot of I / O accesses are actually carried out. Node.js is also particularly suitable for implementing push services, for example based on web sockets.
Nevertheless, Node.js is not equally suitable for all scenarios: If an application is hardly based on I / O access, but rather on extensive, CPU-intensive calculations, Node.js is largely unsuitable. So here it is important to weigh up from case to case.
The challenge with Node.js is not to master the (relatively small) core, but to get to know the extensive ecosystem. This only works with time and patience - or with appropriate guidance from a developer who is already experienced in Node.js.
Anyone who deals with the development of I / O-heavy web applications, web-based push services or REST web services is well advised to take a look at Node.js.
- What do you call people from Madagascar
- What is the shelf life of wine
- How much does a cassowary cost
- How organizations use information
- Where is Choir Bazaar in Bangalore
- How can you improve your views on Instagram?
- How often do you question your relationship
- How can loneliness be good
- Is 40 enough for the KVPY
- Who was Jesus historically
- Why is Messi fighting to get penalties
- How are microcontrollers made
- How can I get bigger balls
- How much does server RAM cost
- Which species has most genders
- How many sharks are extinct
- What are everyone most proud of
- Do you like losers
- How do you value water?
- Should we cancel the 16th amendment
- Why did Claudius murder his brother
- Good MBA colleges
- How is chloroform made
- What is MVVM in Angular