The title of this article is tendenzioes
Biting Gabalier criticism in the "Kurier" is permissible according to the press council
"Gabalier: Christmas at the ENT ambulance" was the title of the polemical criticism of a television appearance by Andreas Gabalier. The press council now says it is permissible in terms of media ethics.
On December 5th, an article appeared on "kurier.at" that caused quite a stir - and which the press council also dealt with as a result. It was about the appearance of Andreas Gabalier on the ORF program "Winter in Austria"; the criticism in the newspaper was not sparing with harsh words.
Under the title "Gabalier: Christmas at the ENT ambulance", the author wrote that Gabalier did not sing, but grumbled, sobbed and breathed. And around the tones "like a curious child around a Christmas parcel". It sounds like a case for the ENT outpatient department. Six background singers fluctuated in time and looked as if they were constipated. A little later it says: “At 'Here Comes Santa Claus' our TV show suffers a spontaneous fit of laughter. "He can't possibly mean that seriously," says someone. Gabalier wanders through the song like a confused reindeer through the dusty snow. "
Not everyone liked that. Of course not Gabalier either, who said his opinion via "Krone": Criticism is okay, but the article has "nothing to do with it." This is a pure hate article ”. A complaint to the press council was similar: that the author's statements were not objective criticism, but grossly insulting.
But he now says: Freedom of expression should be interpreted broadly in the case of reviews that are shaped by their own feelings and evaluations. And: "The author primarily relates the polemical formulations to the original versions of the songs. The sharp negative criticism is therefore not entirely irrelevant." In addition, the author uses satirical expressions in some places.
In addition, the press council notes that Andreas Gabalier is a very well-known singer who takes part in public life. He therefore generally enjoys less privacy protection than a private person.
- Is high school or university more difficult
- Why am I being rewarded with money
- Britain leaves the euro zone
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity could cause psychological stress
- What I mean the purpose of facial tightening
- What is an example of the addition
- How do you practice code visualization
- Why do autistic people camouflage who they are
- What is dry shampoo
- Is Arvind Kejriwal a MP
- How are chloroplasts inherited
- What is selenium lattice
- Agriculture is an investment
- How do elasticity and inelasticity differ?
- Who sells distributed storage
- Why is Raymond stock falling
- Is textile design helpful
- Why do states fund college athletics
- What do the British think of Hyderabadi food
- What is an example of the derivatives market
- What do stressed people really want
- How many titles has Rafael Nadal won
- What makes a great social network great
- How to say release in Vietnamese