Who was Rhaegar Targaryen married to
Which of these characters has a more legitimate claim to the Iron Throne?
Bran told us exactly who the "legitimate heir" is ...
Aegon VII Targaryen
The line of succession always favors men and always favors children of the heir over siblings of the monarch.
Further Reading: Comprehensive Rules for Game of Thrones successor lines
The order of succession is as follows:
- Aerys "The Mad King" - "current" monarch, has since passed away
- Rhaeghar - by right as the firstborn son of Aerys, has since passed away
- Aegon VI - by right as the firstborn son Rhaeghar, has since passed away
- Aegon VII (aka Jon Snow) - rightly as the second born son of Rhaegar, alive!
The female line does not come into play until all male heirs have passed away. This is the crux of Danaerys' assertion once her brother Viserys dies. However, Viserys' claim was only considered valid because there were no other heirs (Rhaeghar and his line).
That is why Rhaegar's repeal was so important. If Rhaegar had still been married to Elia Martell, Jon Snow would still have been a bastard (assuming all other parties were alive). Because of this, the Bran initial says Jon is not snow, but sand. The repeal makes Jon a truly born heir, transforming him from Jon Snow to Aegon VII Targaryen.
- What is your vision of future technology
- Is it good to be bad?
- Which Indian ATM started first
- Have you ever turned down a threesome?
- Arctic wolves eat polar bears
- Can the scarring be reversed in a natural way
- What is your goal setting process
- What happens when grassland disappears
- What is the reason for the reaction force
- What are good business seminars
- What gives you value and purpose
- What are soft dramatic music 1
- Americans actually have microwaves their water
- How can I overcome a slight androphobia
- How do you deal with pull requests
- Do we have viruses in our DNA
- Star Trek TNG The Borg Are Misunderstood
- Will list Binance VTHO
- Adds the word gender to linguistic information
- How did Helpshift skillfully hire talented developers?
- In which language are the BIOS menus written?
- How bad is your school
- Why don't computers think like humans?
- How can you treat an infected tower