Is flag burning legal in your country?
Burning foreign flags should be banned in Germany
Berlin - According to a report, the German coalition groups want to criminalize the burning of foreign flags in general. "Anyone who publicly destroys or damages the flag of a foreign state should be punished with a fine or imprisonment for up to two years," reported the "taz" (Monday edition), citing a request from the parliamentary groups of the Union (CDU / CSU) and SPD.
So far, according to Paragraph 104 of the German Criminal Code, it is only a criminal offense if a "flag of a foreign state that is publicly displayed on the basis of legal provisions or according to recognized custom" is damaged or destroyed. So this is only about cases of official flagging.
The contempt for European symbols is also punished
According to the newspaper report, the background to the intended tightening are incidents in which Israeli flags were set on fire during demonstrations. The coalition factions do not want to enforce the change in criminal law with their own draft law, but rather as an amendment to a draft law from the Federal Council, which is supposed to better protect European symbols from disparagement.
The Bundestag will debate this proposal from the Chamber of States for the first time on Wednesday. Accordingly, the public disdain for the European flag or anthem is to be punished with up to three years imprisonment or a fine. Removing, destroying, damaging or obscuring a publicly displayed European flag should also become a criminal offense. (APA / AFP, January 12, 2020)
- Why can't we predict earthquakes 1
- Who killed Shams I Tabrizi
- Where should zebra crossings be painted
- What is ginsenoside
- Can dependencies be passed on genetically
- When can we use neural networks?
- Can I monetize a transformative copyrighted video?
- What is PCS
- The Kim dynasty prevents the unification of Korea
- What are the universal characteristics of management
- How did string theory begin
- How can I buy crackers online
- Really get unlimited data
- You can use functions in macros
- How is the S P index calculated
- How can I start a rap band
- Why can't I be laid
- What is worse populism or political correctness
- What if he doesn't like you
- How was the planet Pluto destroyed
- Why are mineral fuels called fossil fuels
- Is belief logical
- How do we generate a software key
- What are the LGBT rights in Iran