What is a general ion equation
During the reaction of an acid (pH <7) with a base (lye) (pH> 7) the temperature of the solution increases noticeably.
The reaction takes place in aqueous solution between the OH-Ions of the base and the H+-Ions of acid instead. According to the following reaction scheme, water (pH = 7) and a salt are formed. The solution is therefore neutral (hence the name: neutralization reaction).
Acid + lye -> water + salt
Word equation: Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide solution -> water + table salt
Reaction equation: HCl + NaOH -> H2O + NaCl
Ion equation: (H+ + Cl-) + (Na+ + OH-) -> H2O + (Na+ + Cl-)
Since the Na+Ions and the Cl--Ions are unchanged after the reaction, the ion equation can be written as follows:
H+ + OH- -> H2O
This simplified notation only describes the neutralization of the acid and the base and not the formation of the salt.
comment: If you use hydrochloric acid and caustic soda, water and common salt are produced. The use of other acids or alkalis generally results not e able Salts.
Danger: A lot of heat is released during the neutralization reaction. This can cause dangerous splashes. It is essential to wear protective goggles!
- How do you determine vitamin D deficiency
- What makes people sound good when they sing
- How did Ashraf Marwan save Israel
- Why does copper not corrode in acidic solution?
- How do astronomers feel about astrologers?
- Why is there sodium in Diet Coke?
- Where can I buy rosemary in Pune
- What is the main reason for fear
- Has Bitcoin ever been hacked
- What rhymes with stupid
- How does an avocado plant begin
- What is a non-core placement
- Is goat cheese good
- What do radioactive atoms emit
- Are the homeless with signs cheaters
- What does the Trikaya mean in Buddhism
- MM School is a CBSE school
- Which causes wood paneling to warp
- What does a vet do
- Why Buy Derma Vi
- What is a Ricer car
- What is viscose fabric
- How much do dog walkers charge
- How do I get started with web technology
- How are the goals calculated against the average
- Cervical cancer can spread to the lungs
- How is work at the counter
- Software testing is a good career
- Why does dirt get in my nails?
- People with OCPD lack object constancy
- What is Vedic Physics
- A paint thinner removes dried paint
- What software is good for NBA accreditation