Which is the best phone lock
The information portal for safe cell phone use
These instructions for Android devices were created using a Nexus 7 tablet with Android version 5. We have added the text for Android 6 (Samsung Galaxy S5), Android 8 (Sony Xperia XZ1) and Android 10 (Google Pixel 2).
The ways to the correct setting are similar for different Android devices and versions. Different menu items and paths known to us are noted in each case.
1. Open device settings
Open the "Settings" app in the mobile phone menu.
2. Call up the item Device security / Lock screen
Next, on Android 5, tap.
- Android 6: Here you will find the point right away
- Android 8: Navigate as follows:
- Android 10:
If you have already set a screen lock, you must enter it before continuing.
3. Select screen lock
This is set by default on many devices (it is called on other devices).
This setting does not offer any protection against unauthorized access, because you only have to move your finger across the screen to unlock. Tap or to change the setting
4. Set the screen lock
A secure screen lock is a PIN or password of at least eight characters. The combinations should not be easy to guess and should not relate to personal information such as your birthday.
We advise against the method. As studies have shown, such patterns are easy to guess.
More information: Samples and biometric identification
A pattern is more secure than no lock at all. If you would like to use a pattern, we strongly recommend that you make the lines of the pattern invisible, if possible on your device. You can find the setting behind the gear symbol next to the menu item or further down within the menu item.
Some devices also offer biometric options: face recognition, fingerprint and iris scanner. These are significantly more secure than the options and, however, not yet fully convincing. There are always reports that biometric methods can be tricked on smartphones. It also makes it easier to force the screen to unlock.
5. Select the PIN for the lock
If you decide to use the PIN or password method, set the PIN or password now. Then tap.
Note: There is no way to recover your PIN or password if you've forgotten the combination. If this happens, you only have the option of resetting the device to factory settings. However, all data is then deleted.
You will now be asked to enter your PIN or password again.
6. Set notifications on the lock screen
You may now be asked whether you want notifications to be displayed on the lock screen. Notifications, also known as push messages, are incoming messages, for example about new messenger messages or e-mails.
By default, they come with a preview of the message, which can contain personal information. If you do not want this preview to be visible on your locked display, select the option here. You will then still receive a notification.
You can also adjust this point independently of the screen lock in your device settings:
- Android 6:
- Android 10:
7. Automatic lock when not in use
Now select the period of time after which your device will automatically lock if it is not used. The period should not be too long, we recommend a maximum of five minutes.
- Android 6: You can find the setting under.
- Android 10: You will see a small gear icon next to the menu item. Tap on it and choose.
If you would like to deactivate the screen lock in the meantime, navigate to the setting (or) as above and select there. However, we strongly recommend that you always leave the screen lock on for security reasons.
- What are examples of network devices
- Are perfumes authentic on Amazon
- Who is the child specialist in Rawalpindi
- 7 is a coprime number
- Who is Carl's Junior
- Can we carry dogs on a flight?
- How did you get into collecting books?
- How long does the pharmacology training last?
- Where can you buy an iPhone 11?
- Electricity was meant to be free
- Why does Walmart only sell garbage
- Do professors have scholarships available
- Which songs do you feel high with?
- What are some silly costume ideas
- What is a car rental in Delhi
- How does stress control our behavior
- What is the Google verification code 1
- How do you get a sprain
- What is a data processing center
- Have a donut shop
- What websites must competitive programmers visit
- How to use a slide rule
- Littlefinger tries to kill Tyrion
- Have eels written their own songs