Which one should I learn Python or PHP
Software developer: Which programming language should I learn?
At the beginning of a career in software development, it is not easy to decide which technology choice is right for the present and the future. Beginners keep asking me: which programming language has the future, which is just a hype? Which one should I choose?
There is no one universal answer to these questions. Ultimately, it's about personal preferences. Beginners should feel comfortable with their choice and the chosen environment and have fun. But you can ask the right questions and consider aspects in order to approach your individual answer.
Programming is not easy, regardless of the language. If you choose a rather easy language at the beginning that promises quick success, this increases the motivation to stick with it and reduces frustration. However, you don't have to make the decision too difficult for yourself. The first programming language you learn will be the most difficult and not the last, that's for sure! Once you are familiar with structural thinking and have understood the individual concepts behind programming, it will be easier to learn a new language. In principle, it doesn't matter too much which programming language you start with, as long as you are comfortable with it.
Working superficially and exclusively with a programming language using frameworks and libraries works well at the beginning and helps to achieve initial results quickly and relatively easily. The more precisely you learn to understand the underlying concepts, the faster or easier you can learn both peculiarities and skills for a professional use of a language as well as the basics of a new language.
- QUNDIS GmbH, Mannheim
- PROJECT Immobilien, Nuremberg, Germany-wide (home office)
This is important because at some point there will come a point in your career when you want or have to use a different programming language. The tech world is turning quickly and it is not uncommon for there to be a multitude of different solutions for every technical challenge. For this reason, it is important for a career as a software developer to always be curious and, above all, to be open to new things. Trying things out and learning is part of everyday life.
Step 1: a rough approximation of the programming language
The following questions are also important: Is there an established community and extensive documentation about the technology? Can we foresee that the language will continue to be widely used in the future? Can the language serve as a building block to learn another one later? Can you create your own curriculum to develop efficiently in a particular language? Concrete project milestones usually help a lot to test your own knowledge. Those who can do this alone are one step ahead of most people.
Anyone who has made these rough classifications can begin to deal with the specific languages. Let's take a look at the differences between the most popular programming languages:
Step 2: Which programming language can do what?
python is a programming language that is understandable at first glance and the right choice if you want to work in the data area or in the web backend. Python is simple and has great uses, without being too fussy about its syntax. Even after years it is widespread.
C. provides a very solid foundation that is helpful later when learning other languages. With C you learn to program correctly and see immediately how a program interacts with the hardware. The language requires a lot of discipline when programming and trains very well for the future. C and the object-oriented variant C ++ are widely used in the Internet of Things (IoT), in 3D programming and in game development and play a major role in the merging of IT and engineering, for example in the area of machine controls and robotics.
- What is your strongest sales opener
- How does augmented reality sound
- What moral obligations does a voter have?
- Was Go really made for stupid programmers?
- Why is my daughter ignoring me
- Who is Henry VIII
- Who invented the shower heads?
- What is Bound Service in Android
- What is love can someone help me
- To what extent does the evaporation take place?
- Will the future be vegan
- How did Hinduism begin in Bhutan
- Is it unhealthy to crack your toes?
- Hate Toni Morrison's lovers
- What websites must competitive programmers visit
- Is cannabis a blood thinner?
- Is email marketing spam
- What is the future of instant messaging
- Are supernatural vampires still humans?
- What does moshiach mean
- Paul McCartney will tour again in 2016
- Why is Visa not setting up its own bank?
- Which dome furnace can melt cast iron
- How is the hiring process at McDonalds
- How does blood flow through the brain
- What is an illusion 1
- Why do PHP programmers create abstract classes
- How did Robert Lewandowski start his career
- How can abstract thinking help
- Have you ever killed your friend
- What causes allergies and eye twitching
- How do I add external DNS entries
- Chicago is more dangerous than Tennessee
- Mobile apps for online marketing of a company