Can a person exist without religion
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, a god, or gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationalized or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic replies with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not preclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either do not belong to any religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to also serve to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of the doctrine or the prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- What counts as a prospect
- What is the best American vehicle manufacturer
- How do you use a nutritionist effectively
- English German threatens
- Why is BearShare not uninstalling from my laptop
- Can an ant eat an elephant
- 8-string ukuleles are good
- Who made the law
- What is Wahabi Shia
- Is the size of the universe relative
- INTJs care what people think
- Indian adopt babies
- How are viewers ranked in Instagram stories
- How can I get a master’s scholarship
- What is your goal setting process
- Which personal travel apps offer advanced services
- How do you create your own SDK
- Why haven't plants adapted to fighting disease?
- What are you secretly elite about?
- How does a cardiac arrest feel?
- How do green plants make sugar
- Can I change my metabolism?
- Why is Canon better than Nikon 6
- How do I protect my WiFi connection?