Nurses have affairs with doctors
To become a test subject for new medical treatment methods and apparatus? A nightmare for most people. That is why the most important, but also the most difficult question for many is: Does the doctor have to obey my will? Or can he decide freely according to his will?
You are still able to express yourself
Then your right to self-determination as a patient is undisputed. The courts confirm this again and again. As a patient, you must agree to any medical intervention. Medical treatment may neither be started nor continued against your express will.
As long as you as a patient are approachable and can express yourself responsibly, doctors must follow the express will you have expressed yourself. As a patient, you alone determine whether and to what extent you undergo medical measures. You have the right to refuse medical treatment at any time or to cancel treatment that has already been initiated. Forced treatment is not permitted. If a doctor violates this principle, he can make himself liable to prosecution.
You are no longer able to express yourself
Then the living will comes into effect: If you can no longer be approached and you cannot express your patient's wishes, it is up to your supervisor or authorized representative to To explore your will and enforce. He can take this from your living will.
Maybe you don't have a living will at all. Or the situation differs from the one that you regulated in the ruling. Then the supervisor or authorized representative must find out your presumed will. To do this, he must take concrete evidence into account, e.g. B .:
- Earlier statements
- Religious or ethical attitudes
- Personal values
Then the supervisor or authorized representative must enforce your will against the doctor.
Living will: legally binding
Have you set out your treatment requests in writing in an effective living will, the doctor must adhere to it. Unless he discovers clear signs of a change of will in you.
An advance directive is effective when it meets the requirements specified in the law. Well, if you written was written by an adult capable of giving consent and relates to certain medical measures and a specific situation.
Are you z. If, for example, you have dealt with your current illness in your disposition and have issued clear instructions on treatment and treatment limits, this is decisive for the doctor and the supervisor or authorized representative. This gives him a clear indication of your current will.
Disregard of the patient's will
However, there are always cases in which doctors do not want to obey the will laid down in the living will. Especially when the advance directive was written down a long time ago, sometimes come Doubts about the topicality of the expressed wishes: What is your current will?
Doctors and nurses could doubt that the living will, which was drafted in good days, still does current will of the terminally ill patient. You could point out their duty to save lives.
It could even happen that relatives act as legal guardians or agents urged and coerced feel that they consent to artificial feeding or undesired treatment. And that out of fear that if they are rejected, personal interests could be imputed to them.
- To what extent can people successfully multitask
- What are butterfly knives
- Why are millennials leaving New York
- Is CBD legal in Canada in 2019
- What a beetle has 11 legs
- Which is the best phone lock
- How many times has Lana Turner been married
- How did Zara get its name
- Which compact camera takes pictures quickly?
- How do I delete old notifications
- How does running help burn fat
- Sheryl Sandberg What does a COO do
- Who is Manoj Chauhan at the Vibrant Academy
- How is Siliguri doing to settle down
- Which websites offer free JEE coaching?
- Is news talk journalism
- How did the postmodern movement come about
- Which is the best torque meter
- What is the SSC before
- What is the name of this instrument? See details
- How do hits work in AO3
- Is it unhealthy to crack your toes?
- Is the personality inherited or acquired
- How are we supposed to study hacking faster
- Why do you love London taxi drivers
- Which is more expensive linen or cotton
- What's the best app for TOEFL
- Why is BPD only diagnosed in adults
- What does the name Greta mean
- What is FedCoin
- What are the dead in accounting for?
- What soap is 100 natural and vegetable
- Which is the best mixer mill