What is your favorite metropolis
The world explained by travel experts
Where were you last?
Stefan Glowacz: In Patagonia, on Fitz Roy, as so often. Every time I hope for good weather, so far in vain.
Your first trip without parents?
Dolomites with friends in a rickety VW bus. We have been silent about the events from the Brenner Pass since then.
Your most embarrassing travel memory?
At Mount Poi in Kenya, I asked a development worker when her child would be born. My subsequent stammering made it worse.
The most beautiful view?
From a bivouac in the middle of the wall of a tepui (table mountain) in Venezuela. The scenery changes every minute. Lightning, thunder, torrential rain and suddenly sunshine again.
Which building is your eighth wonder of the world?
An expedition tent. It is unbelievable how thin fabric gives you a feeling of security while outside the world is ending.
Your favorite metropolis? Paris with my wife.
Your best souvenir?
Samburus hunting spears in Kenya. I sent them by air freight, but they never arrived in Germany.
Where do you manage to experience as much as possible with as little money as possible?
On the inland ice in Patagonia. There are no shops or bars, but there are incredible storms almost every day.
Your favorite beach?
Cala Barques in Mallorca. Wonderful water, and the bay is surrounded by brilliant rocks for climbing.
Which behavior of travelers are you particularly embarrassed about?
Snake, spider, tiger - which animal do you fear most?
Snakes, spiders, I'm afraid of all poisonous animals, which you usually only see when it's already too late. I fear tigers too, of course, but death would be somehow more heroic.
Who is the most interesting person you have met while traveling?
The Inuit Paul. He is a great hunter in Pond Inlet on Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. You want to be with him when you meet an angry polar bear.
A magical place?
A gravel bar on the Nahanni River in the Northwest Territories of Canada.
Where are you never going again?
I haven't been there yet, but I'm excited.
More travel experts#Subjects
- How does canned fruit stay fresh?
- How is an unknown disease diagnosed
- How should I learn to deal with customers
- Low-level programming languages are dead
- Why are go boards so expensive
- What are companion plants
- Why is there the PS unit
- What do you think about flip flops
- How do I integrate Shiprocket into WooCommerce
- Will you sweep the classroom
- Why haven't plants adapted to fighting disease?
- Which super fund has the lowest fees?
- What is the Sanskrit word for fly
- What types of schizophrenia are there
- Why are everyone addicted to fidgety nuts
- Why is my toe red
- What is a Cyber Incident
- How hard is Shaolin training
- What is the definition of a stream
- Why do plants fascinate me
- Certification as an AWS Cloud Practitioner is worthwhile
- What are the basic basics of SEO
- What is the reason Bitcoin is big
- Which is better surgery or internal medicine