Apple will release a MacBook Air 2018
MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) Specifications
- Retina display
- 13.3 "display (33.78 cm diagonal) with LED background lighting and IPS technology, native resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels at 227 ppi with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 x 1050
- 1440 x 900
- 1024 x 640
- 16:10 aspect ratio
- Integrated Touch ID sensor
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz) with 4 MB L3 cache
- 128 GB SSD based on PCIe
Optionally with 256 GB, 512 GB or 1.5 TB SSD
- 256 GB SSD based on PCIe
Optionally with 512 GB or 1.5 TB SSD
random access memory
- 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 main memory (on-board)
Optionally with 16 GB RAM
Battery and power supply2
- Up to 12 hours of wireless surfing
- Up to 13 hours of iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby
- Integrated lithium polymer battery with 50.3 watt hours
- 30W USB ‑ C power adapter, USB ‑ C power connection
measures and weight
- Height: 0.41 to 1.56 cm
- Width: 30.41 cm
- Depth: 21.24 cm
- Weight: 1.25 kg3
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Support for Thunderbolt 3 capable external graphics processors (eGPUs)
Simultaneous support of the full native resolution on the integrated display with millions of colors and:
- An external display with a resolution of 5120 x 2880 pixels at 60 Hz
- Up to two external displays with a resolution of 4096 x 2304 pixels at 60 Hz
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output via USB-C
- VGA, HDMI and Thunderbolt 2 output with appropriate adapters (sold separately)
Charging and expansion
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbit / s)
- USB ‑ C 3.1, 2nd generation (up to 10 Gbit / s)
- 802.11ac WLAN, compatible with IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Stereo speakers
- Three microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Keyboard and trackpad
- Full-size keyboard with:
- 79 (ISO) keys with individual LED backlighting, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise pointer control and pressure-sensitive functions, enables force clicks, acceleration, pressure-sensitive drawing and multi-touch gestures
Grid connection and operating conditions
- Mains voltage: 100 to 240 VAC
- Frequency: 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 10 ° C to 35 ° C
- Storage temperature: -25 ° C to 45 ° C
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90%, non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 m above sea level, without pressure compensation
- Maximum storage height: 4,500 m above sea level, without pressure compensation
- Maximum transport height: 10,500 m above sea level, without pressure compensation
macOS is the operating system behind everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features, inspired by professional users and made for everyone. So you get more out of every click.
Learn more about the latest operating system
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for eyesight and hearing, physical and motor skills, learning, reading and writing, you can do and create fantastic things. Learn more about accessibility
- Increase contrast
- Reduce movement
- Siri and dictation
- Switch control
- Extended subtitles
- Speech output
- Voice memos
- Photo booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
scope of delivery
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C power adapter
- USB ‑ C charging cable (2 m)
Configure your MacBook Air with these options (apple.com only):
- 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 256 GB, 512 GB or 1.5 TB SSD
MacBook Air and the environment
Apple considers the entire lifecycle of its products to determine their environmental impact. Learn more about MacBook Air and the environment
MacBook Air has the following features to help reduce its impact on the environment:
- Mercury-free display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Free of bromine-based flame retardants
- PVC free5
- Free from beryllium
- 100% recycled aluminum housing6
- ENERGY STAR compliant
- EPEAT rating "Gold"7
Apple and the environment
Read the environmental performance reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of all Apple products.
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logic Pro X
Displays and adapters
- LG UltraFine 4K display
- LG UltraFine 5K display
- USB ‑ C to USB adapter
- USB ‑ C to SD card reader
- USB ‑ C digital AV multiport adapter
- USB ‑ C VGA multiport adapter
- USB ‑ C to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- Power adapter extension cord
- Travel adapter kit
- USB ‑ C to Lightning cable
- USB ‑ C charging cable (2 m)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable (0.8 m)
- 30W USB-C power adapter
- Blackmagic eGPU
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro
- 13 "leather sleeve
- Magic Mouse 2
- Magic trackpad 2
- Magic keyboard
- Magic keyboard with numeric keypad
- AppleCare + for Mac
Declared acoustic emissions according to ECMA-109
|Sound power level|
L. W. At the (B)
|Sound pressure level|
L. p At the (dB)
|Inactive||1,3 (K V.= 0,3)||4|
|Wireless internet use||1,3 (K V.= 0,3)||4|
- L. W.At the is the mean A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the next largest 0.1 B).
- L. pAt the is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the next largest 1 dB).
- 1 B (Bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for calculating the upper limit for the A-weighted sound power level.
- The sizeL. W. A, c (previously asL. W.Ad is given by the sum ofL. W.At the and K v .
- The wireless Internet usage test hits 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory, 256 GB storage space, Intel UHD Graphics 617.
- 1 GB = 1 billion bytes and 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes, the actual formatted capacity is less.
- The tests were carried out by Apple in October 2018 with prototypes of MacBook Air systems with 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD. The tests were carried out by Apple in May 2017 with prototypes of 13 "MacBook Air systems with 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD. The test for wireless surfing measures the battery life for wireless surfing 25 popular websites with a screen brightness of level 12 or 75%. The test for the playback of iTunes films measures the battery life when playing content with HD 1080p with a screen brightness of level 12 or 75%. The test for the standby time is Measured the battery life of a system connected to a wireless network and an iCloud account, which is in deep sleep mode. Safari and Mail are open, all system settings are default settings. Battery life varies depending on use and configuration. For more information, visit www.apple.com/ de / batteries.
- The weight varies depending on the configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available from the Mac App Store. An Apple ID is required to load apps and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for the respective app.
- PVC-free power cords are available in all countries except India and South Korea.
- The recycled material statement refers to the case and is based on reviews by UL LLC.
- The MacBook Air received a "Gold" rating from EPEAT in the USA and Canada.
The offer and sale of articles in Apple Retail Stores in Germany are carried out by Apple Retail Germany B.V. & Co. KG.
The offer and sale of articles via the Apple Online Store in Germany is carried out by Apple Distribution International.
- Which artist originally sang 212?
- Are celebrity Democrats because of Crony Capitalism
- Mosquitoes hibernate in winter
- Is penetration necessary to get pregnant?
- How effective are anti wrinkle eye creams
- What is your purpose for the day
- Why is the soul always active
- Do you kiss your pet
- Are there organisms that are not symmetrical?
- How would Georg Wilhelm Hegel explain the karma
- Microsoft reinvents itself
- Did Bob Dylan ever meet Hurricane Carter
- Does love exist after abuse
- Why have your spiritual beliefs changed?
- Real life example of Monopsony
- How safe are combination locks
- How can I politely debate religion
- Are social media listening services useful?
- What is the Talkback app
- How does SQL Index
- Can you skate uphill?
- What is RAM and Keyboard
- What is the symbolism of the scepter
- How are the risk and the danger of security holes related?
- What is the clearance volume of the cylinder
- You should invest in modern art
- Lichen can multiply
- Is technology independent of morality
- There is a farmhouse near Krishnagiri
- Was Heraclitus a determinist
- What's the best Android phone hack
- What's the worst thing about conservative voters
- What are philosophers trying to achieve