How can I have a painless birth
Will you have a painless birth?
When you think of a baby, you have a cute little creature in mind that smiles brightly at you. Anyone who thinks of a birth that this sweet creature will bring about, however, usually has a woman screaming in pain in his head. Mother's happiness comes only after the squeezing and sinking pains. And everything else that goes with the "miracle of birth".
But there are actually a few women who do not experience any pain at all. And we're not talking about a caesarean section now. I myself know a friend whose delivery we all just refer to as a "Schwupsgeburt". She felt the contractions as "amazing pressure" and hadn't even been in the delivery room for five minutes, when her son had already swept out.
She is probably 1 in 100 women who have some kind of genetic defect that actually ensures a painless birth. This is exactly what a research group at Cambridge University has recently proven. This gene mutation causes pain to be directed to the brain differently than usual. And this applies to all types of pain - the effect is particularly noticeable at birth.
For the study, various "pain tests" with water, heat and pressure were carried out and especially those women were examined who stated that they did not ask for painkillers or anesthesia such as PDA during their delivery. They showed a higher resistance to pain when exposed to intense heat and very cold water than the comparison group of women who gave birth to their children in the "known" way.
“It is extraordinary that women do not want nitrous oxide or epidural anesthesia for pain relief during labor, especially when giving birth for the first time. When we tested these women, it was clear that their pain threshold was much higher than that of other women, ”explains Dr. Michael Lee, a senior researcher.
Can you now see in advance whether you are one of these happy women? These carry a rare variant of the KCNG4 gene, which controls nerve signals in a different way and reduces pain. "The defect acts like a natural PDA," said Dr. Ewan St. John Smith, co-author of the study.
And these findings are now to be used to find ways to give other women a "Schwupsgeburt". Hallelujah!
- What are some important very short sayings
- Is CA NO3 2 molecular or ionic
- How do I bypass an administrator password
- Does this online wedding business work
- How many backlinks do I have
- How do plants get their nitrogen
- Which college has the coolest hoodie
- Is water an ionic compound
- What is 150 of 3
- What is the type of embryonic stem cell
- Will my ex girlfriend contact me again
- Online dating still works today
- How did football and soccer split up?
- What is Do While Loop with Example
- Why am I slowly losing focus
- What are film techniques
- The Kim dynasty prevents the unification of Korea
- The best way to save English words
- Are there such things as ghosts
- What is the difference between Oracle and MySQL
- How many bytes are equal to YB
- What is a rueben toff
- What is the color of Assam
- Who owns mobile apps