What does ROFL
What does ROFL mean? The meaning of the abbreviation explained
In numerous Internet forums, users comment on memes or funny comments with "ROFL". We'll tell you what the abbreviation means and how you can use it correctly yourself.
What does "ROFL" mean?
The abbreviation ROFL is an acronym from English and stands for "Rolling On (The) Floor Laughing", which means something like "rolling on the floor laughing". So ROFL is always a reaction to something funny. The user thinks something is so funny that it rolls metaphorically across the floor. ROFL is a step up from LOL. To put it figuratively, the abbreviation "XD" is also very suitable.
At this point you can find one Animation by Giphythat complements the article. You can display them with one click.
So if someone posts a funny picture or a funny saying on a platform like Facebook or Instagram, you can comment underneath with ROFL. It doesn't matter whether you write the abbreviation in upper or lower case.
"ROFL": The abbreviation and its meaning
ROLF is so popular on the Internet that another version of the abbreviation has established itself, the "Roflcopter". This comes from a Blizzard mod for WarCraft III and was used there with great success in a user forum. Reference was made to the "gyrocopter" used in the game. Meanwhile, both the ROFL and the Roflcopter are used in numerous forums.
However, you always have to look in the context first to see whether the abbreviation has just been used seriously or ironically. Because after the success of ROFL, it has been used so inflationarily that many - like YOLO too - now only use it ironically.
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- What is binge watching
- What are the five classes of echinoderms
- How much does an animal leather cost
- For whom is the iPod Touch 7
- How do I get past this fear
- Organic germanium is toxic
- What is traditional forestry
- What's your rating of Tanjungpinang City
- Why Andhra Pradesh needed partition
- Where is the safest cabaret in Delhi
- How do I get a fiance visa
- How are mutual fund returns considered compound
- Who is the best singer on YouTube
- How do I get an invitation code
- Which processor does a Tesla use
- How do I create a battery
- How do conjunctions work in Korean
- What is the success of OPEC
- What companies started with bootstrapping
- How can I make a moss sculpture
- How is DevOps related to data science
- How old is the Ganges
- Who would like a professional recommended forex broker
- Is Bill Belichick a football genius
- What would your dating profile look like?
- Who is Stephen Curry
- How do I sow lawn seeds
- Failure SSDs
- What is your rating of Greenhouse io
- Why is my hunger never satisfied?
- Is the WikiFX app helpful for users
- What are the best fall family activities
- What does the cell wall do
- What are your favorite indie nail polishes