Can you learn a language with ADHD
What can help you and the child?
There are a number of tried and tested therapies and support options that can help parents of easily distractable, impulsive, and / or restless children manage their problems. Those methods that are based on strengthening relationships and the basic principles of behavior change can of course be used in any context of educational work, including you. They have also proven themselves in various studies in day care facilities. The aim of any support should be to (re) steer, in addition to family life, everyday life in the day-care facility and, later, the child's everyday school life. So it is not a matter of hoping that the child will “see” or “change it from the ground up”. This is impossible, and with such an approach, educators can only fail.
To alleviate the core problems of ADHD, you can
- try to develop a fuller understanding of the child's problems and improve the sometimes stressed relationship with the child,
- through more knowledge and close observation, more often foreseeing how the child might react and in this way “arming” themselves better for difficult situations,
- Adapt the environment in the day care facility to the needs of the child as far as possible and
- Rethink your strategies in dealing with the child and optimize them if necessary.
As noted above, many children with ADHD also have other problems. These additional problems are sometimes already reduced with the treatment of the hyperkinetic abnormalities, which is why it makes sense to treat these abnormalities first. This treatment can be carried out on a low-threshold basis, e.g. through a guided self-help program, or, in the case of more intense problems, by colleagues in child and adolescent psychotherapy or child and adolescent psychiatry. The youth welfare office can provide help for families and children if the families as a whole are overwhelmed in their upbringing or are severely impaired by other burdens or if the child is severely mentally impaired.
For children with additional problems, the following have proven to be subordinate and supplementary:
- Occupational therapy (Occupational therapy) or Mototherapy for children with impairments in body coordination or fine motor skills;
- complementary psychological (or in individual cases pharmacological) Therapies to treat additional psychological problems in the child.
The basic rule when selecting support measures for children with ADHD is that the measures should start where the problems arise: with the child himself, in the family or in the day care center or later at school.
Further information on effective therapeutic approaches can also be found under Diagnostics, Therapy and Other Aids.
- Is atheism the truth
- What does rude boy mean in Jamaican
- What is reputation these days
- What is the exact meaning of DAU
- What is paranoia
- What is Phish's most successful song
- What happens when the alveoli are damaged
- Is MBA according to BSc helpful in agriculture
- Do people with Aspergians have special skills
- What is parchment paper
- What does humble bragging look like
- What is the advantage of JFET
- Who invented the transformer?
- What are some examples of survival reflexes
- Are card manufacturers still in business
- How badly is your reputation damaged?
- Other state candidates can apply for UPPSC
- A 2400 RPM DC motor is good
- How do I start for GSOC 2015
- Is worth seeing midnight in Paris
- What does Moo Moo mean in Hawaiian
- What is the importance of self-examination
- Do you think Kejriwal has to resign immediately
- What are some synthetic colors
- Who invented the transformer?
- What is a photochemical reaction
- College football players go out with cheerleaders
- What is Cokie Roberts real name
- Is it right to become a lawyer?
- How can I repair my household appliances
- All women tell lies
- Which IIM does B com
- Time increases as the distance increases
- Is an unhappy marriage good, why?