How can you have a bigger paycheck
Salary: What does a secretary or assistant earn?
How much can i earn? The salary is an important question for every working person - also for secretaries and assistants. In some areas, you can use as assistant, secretary or office manager earn a decent amount - in individual cases up to 75,000 euros! Long work experience ensures a full wallet, as do additional payments. Company size and industry also have a major impact on earnings. A salary comparison.
Regardless of whether you are applying for a new position or simply want to check your market value for the next employee interview or the next salary negotiation: A clear salary comparison shows where you currently stand and where you could develop financially.
Salary comparison: the more important your boss, the higher your salary
In principle, the following applies: With the position of boss, to whom you work as an assistant or secretary, your salary also increases. Depending on the circumstances, you can even earn more here than some lawyers or doctors. According to the current salary overview "Secretariat & Assistance 2018" by the personnel consultancy Page Personnel, assistants to managing directors have an average gross salary of 55,000 euros. With an assistant or secretary for the board of directors, it can even be up to 75,000 euros gross annually.
The earning potential varies depending on the size of the company, professional experience and industry. In general, as a secretary, assistant and office manager, you can currently expect the following salaries.
With the company, earnings grow
- The gross salary of an assistant in a small company with up to 250 employees is around 45,000 euros.
- She earns around 50,000 euros gross in medium-sized companies with between 250 and 1,000 employees.
- It is around 55,000 euros gross for a large company with over 1,000 employees.
Personal experience is valuable
- Young professionals in the “Secretariat & Assistance” area start with a gross fixed salary of an average of 27,000 to 34,000 euros per year.
- With professional experience between three and five years, a salary of up to 46,000 euros is possible.
- From ten years of professional experience, the gross annual salary doubles on average to 55,000 to 65,000 euros
Depending on the industry, salaries rise or fall
- At around 43,000 euros gross, the average salary for secretaries and assistants in law firms is at the lower end of the statistics.
- At around 45,000 euros gross, the salary in the service sector is already higher.
- With an average of 48,000 euros gross, wholesaling is also in the middle.
- A secretary in the financial services sector earns an average of 48,000 euros gross.
- Assistant jobs in production / industry are remunerated at an average of 52,000 euros gross.
- The chemical industry pays an assistant or secretary an average of around 55,000 euros gross, which puts it at the top of this statistic.
Additional payments are also ringing in the wallet
Depending on the employer, additional remuneration can also pay off. Additional social security, for example, is provided by welfare-oriented salary components such as company pension schemes. In the interview, you should therefore always ask whether the company offers such social benefits.
It doesn't always have to be money: rewards such as meal checks or tickets can also sweeten the job of an assistant or secretary. They are tax-attractive and easier to enforce in negotiations than a high salary or a raise.
Additional earnings through overtime? When in doubt, always ask
If you are applying for a new position as an assistant, secretary or office manager, the question of overtime can be worth real money. It is best to clarify:
- Do fixed weekly working hours apply - and from when to when?
- Is overtime accepted - and if so, to what extent?
- Is overtime paid or "parked" in an overtime account?
- Is it possible to adjust your weekly working hours (and thus your salary) if, for example, you start as a full-time employee and would like to reduce to part-time later?
- WhatsApp is more popular than Twitter
- What should an internship offer you personally?
- Is it compulsory to respect Mahatma Gandhi?
- What fuels are used in missiles
- What made you interested in learning French?
- What are the disadvantages of robotic arms
- How popular is the Hyatt Hotel
- Are there Quora meetups in Chandigarh
- Which technology trends have become trendless?
- What do you think about flip flops
- Rarely a tortoise crime in India
- What's the best Edgar Wright movie
- What is a landline
- Does weight lifting help or make rheumatoid arthritis worse
- Why is electricity not generated by thunder
- What is the biggest myth in SEO
- How many animals are now considered intelligent
- PfSense is a router
- When you were a kid what happened
- Is it easy to read an INFP
- Is Firebase better than SQL
- Have you received admission to the IIT Guwahati
- Video production do you like my intro
- Home improvement hardwood or carpet on stairs
- Why are you selling your Tesla
- How do we value noise music
- What is the SSC before
- What is Umbraco CMS
- Why is satellite called satellite
- Who is Theari Aanri who plays football
- What does 59
- What are the most powerful big cats