Who are Tesla's top competitors
Comparison test: Tesla Model Y with major weaknesses
Tesla's new compact SUV called Model Y lost the first comparison test against five electric competitors at auto motor und sport. However, the test car was an American-made vehicle. Since Tesla is not yet officially offering the vehicle in Europe and there are therefore no official test cars yet, auto motor und sport has booked the Model Y from an independent test car provider. The test candidate showed glaring weaknesses in terms of driving behavior, operation and workmanship.
Although the Y is based on the Model 3, the SUV does not benefit from the progress made in terms of chassis, handling and comfort. The Y, which has not yet been delivered in Germany, has so hard suspension that the car jostles over even the smallest bumps. This causes massive rattling noises. Worse: The constant hobbling and banging in the steering even reduces driving safety: The Tesla drives badly in a straight line. Since the steering is far too toxic, the SUV can never be driven in a relaxed manner.
In addition, a number of functions in the test car failed. The fact that the workmanship was also miserable corresponds to the experiences of Model Y drivers in the USA and is not worthy of a car with a price of around 70,000 euros. Several parts of the test car were badly fitted too.
Top for drive and loading
The Tesla, on the other hand, like all sister models, can convince in terms of engine performance, dynamics and consumption. Despite the best driving performance - the US car reached a top speed of 241 km / h and accelerated to 100 km / h in just 4.3 seconds - the Y with 26 kWh / 100 km in the test average is the most economical model, achieved in the eco- Modus has the longest range with 426 km, although the battery is by far not the largest. In terms of efficiency, speed and the dramaturgy of the staging, Tesla is still unsurpassed.
Also noteworthy: Tesla converts the advantages of the electric car drive layout into remarkable space efficiency, creating - with the greatest external length, however - the most generous amount of space for passengers and luggage.
Another Tesla strength: When it comes to charging assistance, no manufacturer can match the Americans. There are 20,000 Supercharger columns at 2,000 locations worldwide, with six added every week. In Germany there are currently just over 80 locations. Only Tesla models can charge there; At the same time, however, public pillars are also open to them.
Tesla offers a wallbox for at home (530 euros), but the owner has to take care of the installation himself. The other manufacturers usually offer more help through cooperation.
The competition can do everything better - except electric drive
The strengths of the Tesla in terms of drive and charging are not sufficient for a better test result. The test winner is the very balanced BMW iX3. It takes a lot longer to accelerate to 100 km / h at 6.7 seconds and is governed at 180 km / h, but consumes only a little more than the Tesla and has a similar range of almost 400 kilometers. In almost all other disciplines, on the other hand, it clearly surpasses the Model Y and shows no weaknesses compared to the competitors, from which it can clearly set itself apart, while the field of Volvo XC40, Mercedes EQC and the Ford Mustang Mach E. The Jaguar i-Pace follows a little behind in fifth place because it has weaknesses in terms of range and charging times.
When it comes to classic electric car virtues, the Model Y shines and reveals an impressive lead over the competition. Because Tesla also best supports charging on the go, the compact SUV from the USA looks like the sure winner on paper.
But when driving, the testers noticed numerous weaknesses that are annoying in everyday life. When it comes to the chassis, one can hope for improvement in the models for the European market, although the undue hardness of the suspension is not something that the US versions are known for. For poor workmanship, yes.
But there is hope there too. Because the cars for the German market are also supposed to be produced in Germany in the new factory in Grünheide.
- Why is dispersion important
- What is Urgent Dental Care NYC
- What is metallurgy in history
- Should I download Windows 10
- How many counties are there in Idaho
- Are Dave Ramsey's five foundations realistic
- Can time travelers come back in time
- What are the rules for the size of the MLB roster
- Are girls not suitable for IIT approval
- What does SAT
- You can refill Copic wide markings
- How easy it is to break probation
- If x 28 17 what is x
- What are the steps to get braces
- Where is Kharkiv National Medical University
- Why has the Bauhaus closed
- What are important NCERT books for CDS
- What is 1 ESU fee
- Why are tech companies lowering degree requirements?
- Have you seen or heard your soul
- What are shooters made of
- What is a coconut doormat
- How not to make paintball hurt
- What are some examples of survival reflexes
- Which startup has received high funding in India?
- What is the importance of the X-factor
- How did Louis Vuitton get so popular
- Force Man Utd players to exit Mourinhos
- What are the best books on attitudes
- You can make money by building business credit
- Why are there Brazilian martial arts
- What are the siddhi powers
- Why do old people love game shows