Is Odin really the father of Thor?
- "A wise king will never seek war, but ... he must always be ready for it!"
- - Odin Borson
All father Odin Borson is the king of Asgard. He is Thor and Hela's biological father and Loki's adoptive father. He was born to King Bor of Asgard and later married Frigga. He is also the owner of the eight-legged horse Sleipnir, the ring Draupnir and the spear Gungnir.
Biography Edit source]
Thor [edit | Edit source]
Odin tells his sons about a terrible war against the frost giants in 965 AD, which the sir won. He teaches the two that a good king should never provoke a fight, but should always be prepared for it. This message corresponds to his essentially peaceful yet very strong nature. Odin wants to crown Thor as his successor as king, but his son disappoints him with his thoughtless and aggressive attack on the frost giants. With a heavy heart he decides to banish Thor to earth without the strength of his hammer to teach him a lesson.
When Loki finds out that his real father is not Odin, but Laufey, the king falls asleep during the emotional confrontation.
He wakes up after Thor has succeeded in returning to Asgard and with Loki to thwart the attack of the Frost Giants, which had previously been instigated by Loki himself. Loki claims to have wanted only the best for Asgard, but Odin condemns all senseless violence and cannot forgive his adopted son.
Thor - The Dark Kingdom Edit source]
Odin initially condemns Loki and has him locked up. When one day Thor travels to Asgard with the possessed Jane Foster, Odin is not very pleased at first. Jane, who accidentally absorbed the power of the ether, is informed about it together with Thor. Meanwhile, under the leadership of Algrim the Strong, Malekith's men were able to penetrate Asgard and free all prisoners. Meanwhile, Malekith kills Frigga while trying to protect Jane and the power of the Aether from Malekith. Then Odin has Jane locked up in order to get to Malekith. However, his son Thor wants to bring the fight with the dark elves to neutral territory.
When the fight against Malekith and the Dark Elves is over, Thor renounces his father's throne, unsuspecting that this is just an illusion of his brother. Nothing is known about Odin's further whereabouts.
Thor: Day of Decision [edit | Edit source]
Thor travels with Loki to the old people's home where Loki left Odin before taking his form and returning to Asgard. However, the retirement home is being demolished and so Odin's whereabouts are uncertain for the time being. With Doctor Strange's help, Thor and Loki visit their father in Norway. The elderly all-father dies after a last conversation with his sons. His death dissolves the spell that held Hela prisoner.
Skills [edit | Edit source]
- Good hand-to-hand fighter: Despite his old age, Odin was still a very capable fighter. As a weapon he wielded the spear Gungnir.
- wisdom: Odin was a very wise ruler and built on the hope that his adoptive son Loki could one day build the bridge between the sir and the frost giants. However, he quickly realized that both Loki and Thor were unsuitable for the throne. The aim of the banishment of Thor was to finally make him a worthy heir to the throne. But his wisdom was also overshadowed by his emotions. When his wife Frigga was murdered, he swore bloody vengeance, no matter how many vielesir died in the process.
- Communication with animals: How exactly Odin communicated with animals is unclear. However, he liked to use his two ravens Hugin and Munin to watch over his kingdom and other worlds.
Super powers [edit | Edit source]
- Superhuman strength: Like all Aesir, Odin is superhumanly strong and possesses even greater physical strength than the average Ase. When he was younger, he was able to fight several frost giants by himself and raise them with his spear.
- regeneration: Despite the resistance of his body, Odin can be injured like any other Ase. But its metabolism enables it to regenerate damaged body tissue with greater speed and efficiency than a human would be able to do. However, this ability also has its limits: the eye that he lost during the Asgard-Jotunheim War has not regenerated.
- great runic magic: Odin is able to use magical energy for a number of purposes. For example, he changed Loki's appearance from that of a frost giant to that of an sir. He can pronounce and lift spells and curses, give or withdraw power and in combat he is very skilled in handling this power.
- longevity: Like all Aesir, Odin ages much more slowly than, for example, a human.
Trivia [edit | Edit source]
- According to Norse mythology, Odin is the all-father and ruler of Asgard. He sacrificed one of his eyes to Mimir to drink from the source of wisdom. He is also Loki's blood brother. Thor, Baldr, Víðarr and Váli are known as the sons of Odin. Heimdallr, Bragi, Týr and Höðr are also called the sons of Odin.
- Odin held Mjolnir before sending him to earth. However, it must be added that until now he has only held the hammer before he cast the merit charm on it, so it is unclear whether it is also worthy of lifting Mjolnir.
- Since Odin's father was called Bor, Odin's full name is Odin Borson.
- What would happen to him at the end of Thor: The Dark Kingdom was not known at first. Director Alan Taylor and Anthony Hopkins claim that Odin is dead. In Thor: Decision Day it turned out that Loki has put him in a retirement home where he should expect the end of his life. After breaking the spell, he fled to Norway where he finally died in the presence of both sons. Kevin Feige, on the other hand, dodged questions about Odin's fate.
- In Thor: The Dark Kingdom, Odin says that Asgard's residents are not gods because, like humans, they are born, live, and eventually die. Loki said, however, that the difference would be "plus / minus 5000 years".
- In Marvel's The Avengers, Odin had his sons watched by his two ravens, Hugin and Munin. They appear in the scene where Thor and Loki are talking shortly after Thor got his brother out of the Quinjet.
Pictures [edit | Edit source]
- Which Greek philosopher wrote nothing?
- Is 40 enough for the KVPY
- What are the medicinal uses of bamboo
- Can the world's oil reserves be used up?
- What should tourists avoid in Luxembourg?
- What is the function of the centrifuge
- Can a dermatologist remove milia
- How can you write long family poems?
- What are the different energy efficient lamps
- Is the Venus Project the future
- How does sauce taste
- What are Windows Azure web applications
- What are D10 cables currently used for?
- Have mushrooms eyes
- What is an INFT
- How many ways to become an inventor
- How do I know about Tally GST
- Which is better Deloitte or Mu Sigma
- How would we convert methamphetamine into amphetamine
- How does regression therapy work in previous life
- Where can I buy condoms
- What's something new nutritionists get wrong
- How do you calculate an instant bill
- Which is healthier oranges or avocados