Why are you interested in the veterans
With his proclamation of November 7, US President Donald J. Trump declared November 11, 2017 Veterans Day.
Our veterans represent the best in America. They have bravely responded to the call to serve the best armed forces in the world, and wearing the uniform and defending our magnificent flag have made them sublime. On Veterans Day, we pay tribute to all Americans who served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard during times of war and peace. For nearly 100 years, since the end of World War I, Veterans Day has been an opportunity to pay our respects to our ex-combatants who have passed the torch of freedom from one generation to the next.
Part of this reverence is to reaffirm our nation's sacred duty to care for those who protect the freedom we so often take for granted. I have promised our armed forces that I will provide them with the best equipment and resources in the world and provide them with the best possible support, including when they retire and return to civilian life. That is why my government has made health insurance a high priority for veterans. I have signed laws that the Ministry has for ex-combatants (Department of Veterans Affairs - VA) encourage greater responsibility and the additional resources for that Veterans Choice Program Approve so that veterans can be looked after by service providers they trust in their place of residence. I have also signed laws guaranteeing life-time training funding for veterans under the GI Act and improving the veteran's complaint process so ex-war veterans have access to the resources they are entitled to.
This year, more than 50 years after the start of the Vietnam War, I will be spending Veterans Day with the leading members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Forum (APEC) in Da Nang, Vietnam. When we talk about how to improve economic relations between the United States and Asia in a country where the Americans and Vietnamese were once at war, there is no getting around remembering and acknowledging the victims of the more than eight million Vietnam veterans have brought here, from those who arrived with the first troop deployment in 1965 to those who fought until the 1973 armistice. These men and women dedicated themselves to promoting freedom in the world during one of the most difficult times in our history. Many were separated from their loved ones for years, withstood the rigors of combat, and suffered profound sorrow and pain, while more than 50,000 of their comrades were killed. Some of those heroes still haven't returned home - 1,253 sons and daughters of America are still missing today. Together with our Vietnamese partners, we continue to try to find out where they are and to bring them back home on American soil. We won't rest until we do this.
Out of respect for and in recognition of the commitment of our servicemen and women to the cause of peace and freedom in the world, Congress has determined (5 USC 6103 (a)) that November 11th should be a public holiday each year. in which we pay tribute to the veterans of our country. As the Commander in Chief of our heroic armed forces, I humbly express my gratitude to our veterans and their families for their service and the sacrifices they have made.
THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, hereby declare Saturday, November 11th, 2017 Veterans Day. I encourage all Americans to honor the valor and sacrifice of our veterans in public ceremonies and personal prayers. I call on federal, state and local officials to fly the flag of the United States and participate in patriotic activities in their area. I call on all Americans, including civil society organizations, places of worship, schools and communities, to celebrate this day with memorial services and celebrations.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I am signing this document on this seventh day of November in the year of the Lord two thousand and seventeen and in the two hundred and forty-second year of the independence of the United States.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Original text: President Donald J. Trump Proclaims November 11, 2017 as Veterans Day
Of America Service | November 9, 2017 | Categories: America Service, US Politics | Tags: Donald J. Trump, US Holidays
- What is viral myocarditis
- What engineers made ICs
- Contain cells of memory
- Why is Chandigarh hotter than Bangalore
- Who speaks to us today with the truth?
- Is the annexation illegal?
- Which one is your favorite after the gym photo
- What podcasts do prose lovers listen to
- What is it like to be a Mac user?
- What does it mean to become Greek
- Is lifting weights bad for joint health?
- What software should I use in post production?
- What does AXA Equitable do
- Who are IMS Health's customers
- What if a missile was fired horizontally
- You can feed cows with dry corn
- How to say Absence in Portuguese
- Find an online training course
- What is the full form of NICNET
- What are Google Account Security Codes
- There are diploma courses in psychology
- Is the following sentence correct 4
- What happens when the universe implodes
- What is the current Indian national game
- Is the blood pressure 137 89 normal?
- How are BoAt headphones
- What is your opinion on Boy Scouts
- Can dust particles be charged electronically
- Man would have survived without dogs
- Which is better NiCd or NiMH batteries
- What is Jeanne Moreau famous for?
- Which vegan blogs do you support
- What are the complex B vitamins
- Is low blood sugar genetically determined