Counts binge eating as self harm
Everyday family life in the corona crisis
Synonyms: Eating puke, vomiting, bulimarexia
Repeated episodes of cravings with impulsive and rapid consumption of large amounts of (mostly) high-calorie foods, characterized by a feeling of loss of control over eating behavior.
Subsequently, measures taken to counteract the dreaded weight increase:
• self-induced vomiting
• rigorous diets / periodic fasting
• Excessive exercise
• Also: Abuse of laxatives, dehydrating agents, appetite suppressants and / or thyroid preparations
• in the case of diabetics: deliberate neglect of the prescribed insulin therapy
Persistent centering on body figure and weight, which are of central importance for self-esteem. The scales become the measure of success and failure.
It usually begins in adolescence. Diet is an important but not mandatory factor in the development of the disease. It is not uncommon for obesity and / or anorexia nervosa to precede this. In contrast to anorexia, the current weight is not important when making a diagnosis. Bulimics can be (slightly) underweight or normal weight, as well as overweight. In the course of the disease, there can be large weight fluctuations, which are often in the range between -30 and + 10% of normal weight.
Failure to comply with self-imposed restrictive eating behavior is subjectively perceived as a "failure". The consequences can be feelings of guilt and shame as well as disgust and frustration or a depressed mood. The shame leads to the concealment of the "abnormal" behavior and thus in most cases remains undetected by the environment, so a high number of unreported cases is to be expected.
Bulimia can be associated with (other) addictions (alcohol / drug abuse, kleptomania, sex addiction) and / or suicidal behavior; Self-injuries (/ self-incidents) are also described.
Food rich in carbohydrates is preferred. The value of the number of calories consumed varies between 1,000 and 55,000 per binge of eating. There is a wide range of different types of execution on an individual basis. The palette ranges from compulsive and ritualized "eating ceremonies" to uncontrolled "stuffing into oneself". Some of the food is swallowed whole, sometimes eaten with pleasure or spat out again after chewing.
Prefer the evening and night hours. The seizures always take place in secret, whereas in public people eat normally or in a very restrained manner.
Functions of binge eating:
In addition to the function of counteracting a feared weight gain, vomiting can also have a tension-relieving effect or serve as a so-called "internal cleansing" or represent a measure of self-punishment.
- Do singing lessons work for everyone
- How does rust form on metal under water?
- Why is John Boehner so orange
- What was the cause of Krishna's death?
- What is philosophy in education
- Why does someone fall asleep so quickly
- Music has different parts
- Is the IELTS test unfair
- What is the use of the wp_parse_args
- How fucked up you are
- What is Sheryl Crow's most successful song
- What does dahlia mean
- How does a country promote entrepreneurship
- Which services are available on Google
- What are the weights of the BTS members
- What are the types of toppers
- What seems painful is not
- Is there politics in the music industry
- Who is the sexiest politician
- How are viruses and parasites similar?
- There is an uncontrollable stare
- How is a permanent magnet magnetized
- How are internet domains registered
- Why is legal weed so expensive