Which countries are usually humid all year round
When we talk about the climate, we mean that it is usually warm or cold somewhere, that it is dry or humid. The climate of an area is as it has been observed over the years. So you think of a long period of time. The weather is something similar, but one speaks of the weather when one thinks of a day or a few weeks. So the weather is about a short period of time.
The climate depends heavily on its proximity to the equator. It is hotter in its vicinity, and it gets colder towards the North Pole or the South Pole. Europe is roughly in the middle. That is why most of the countries here have a temperate climate. So it usually doesn't get very cold and not very warm, except in many areas south of the Alps.
On the other hand, it is hot in the areas around the equator, for example in Africa and South America. This area is called the tropics. It can be hot and humid there, and rainforest is often found there. If it is dry and hot, you will find desert.
The climate can change, but it usually takes many years. People are also helping to change the world's climate. This climate change is caused by the fact that factories, cars, airplanes, heating systems and cattle emit gases, for example carbon dioxide. Such gases ensure that certain parts of the sun's rays heat the earth more strongly.
What climate zones are there?
pink: tropical zone
yellow: subtropical zone
green: warm temperate zone
pink: cold temperate zone
light blue: tundra zone
light gray: polar regions
The climatic zones are like stripes or belts around the earth. It starts at the equator. Then one belt is attached to the other. The areas around the North and South Poles are not strips, but circles.
There are no seasons in the tropics because the sun is almost vertically above the earth at noon all year round. As a result, the days and nights are always the same length and it is very hot. In most areas there is also a lot of rain, which is why rainforest is created.
In the subtropics it is warm to hot in summer and not very cold in winter, at least during the day. There is desert in many areas. In Europe, Italy, Greece and parts of Spain belong to the subtropics.
In the temperate zones there are big differences between the seasons. The days are also shorter here in winter because the sun is over the other hemisphere. But they are longer in summer because the sun is over the northern hemisphere. In the south, more deciduous forests grow, in the north only coniferous forests. A distinction is made between the warm-temperate zone to the south and the cold-temperate zone to the north.
The polar regions are cold deserts. The temperature here is rarely just above zero degrees Celsius. Little snow falls. There are only very well-adapted living beings here.
What is the Mediterranean climate?
The Mediterranean climate belongs to the warm-temperate climate zone. It predominates around the Mediterranean, but also in some other small parts of the world. There is only a certain amount of rain each year, less than here. The rain falls mainly in winter.
However, the Mediterranean climate also means a higher temperature than ours. It can get very hot during the day, but most of the time it is still bearable, at least in the shade. Because of the Mediterranean climate, this zone is very suitable for a beach holiday.
- Which business is underestimated in India?
- Why does water evaporate faster
- Can distemper infect humans
- What are the best alternative payment services
- How does ADHD work
- Are pets allowed on BART
- What is a disappointment
- Is Bishkek safe for travelers
- Does tai chi actually work?
- What was the first warship Australia had
- What is Ranveer Singh's net worth
- How do you calculate an instant bill
- Christine Blasey Ford was believable
- How can music be integrated into art?
- How can I fix common printer problems
- Why should an artist use tempera paint
- How many times has Lana Turner been married
- How do you deal with pull requests
- How can you meditate
- How do sales and earnings differ?
- Accenture offers free accommodation for freshmen
- Can someone have autism on their own
- Ships should have speed limits
- Where can I buy alligator leather shoes
- Should I face my boyfriend's ex
- Are all beliefs of equal value
- How did Tokyo Ghoul get its title
- Foreigners call foreigners racism
- Best Bulgarian footballer ever
- Was the Nigerian civil war avoidable
- Will Node js accept an ES6 import
- How do you practice code visualization
- How do you feel colored hats
- What is the appropriate dosage for meldonium