Vyvanse causes depression
Psychostimulant - psychotropic drugs
Lisdexamfetam is a drug from the group of phenylisopropylamines - a psychostimulant, and is used in children and adolescents to treat ADHD. ATC code is N06BA12, trade names are: Elvanse (EU), Vyvanse (USA).
- April 2013 ADHD drug Elvanse soon on the market ... to the article
- Feb. 2014 ADHD drug lisdexamfetamine fails in depression studies ... to the article
- 01/15/2015 Efficacy of Lisdexamfetamine in Binge Eating Disorders ... to the article
- 01/31/2015 FDA approval extension for VYVANSE on binge eating disorder ... to the article
ADHD drug Elvanse soon on the market
Lisdexamfetamine: Shire Pharmaceuticals report that their ADHD drug Elvanse is to be sold in Germany in June after the BfArM approved the amphetamine in March.
Indication by Elvanse
Elvanse has been approved for the treatment of children (six years and older) and adolescents with ADHD, binge eating disorder. In the USA the active ingredient is sold under the name Vyvanse, in Europe as Elvanse.
If symptoms of ADHD have not improved even after a month, Elvanse must be discontinued.
If the condition worsens, the dose must be adjusted or Elvanse discontinued.
Before starting treatment with lisdexamfetamine, the cardiovascular condition (including blood pressure and heart rate) must be assessed and a comprehensive medical history established.
possible side effects
The most common side effects were
- Dry mouth,
- A headache,
- Weight loss,
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Decrease in appetite and
- Sleep disorders.
- Lisdexamfetamine increased the pulse rate by five beats per minute.
© arznei-news.de - Source: Shire Pharmaceuticals, April 2013
Other side effects are similar to those of other psychostimulants.
ADHD drug lisdexamfetamine fails in depression studies
Shire halted development of Vyvanse (marketed as Elvanse in Europe) after the ADHD blockbuster failed in two Phase 3 trials in the treatment of depression.
The company published the results of studies with Elvanse (active ingredient lisdexamfetamine) versus placebo as an adjunctive treatment for major depression in adults who did not respond adequately to monotherapy with conventional antidepressants.
Elvanse failed to achieve the main objective of either study, so the program has been terminated.
Shire's Flemming Ornskov said the news is disappointing, but lisdexamfetamine "a potent and leading drug in ADHD" will be filed for binge eating disorder in the US later this year.
© arznei-news.de - Source: Shire, Feb. 2014
write us >> here << about your experience and read the testimonials for this drug.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
This information is NOT intended to be a recommendation for any particular drug. Even if these reports, studies, experiences can be helpful, they are no substitute for the experience and expertise of doctors.
- Are you richer than your parents?
- How many Sig figs has 000,000
- What are jobs in Adobe Photoshop CS6
- How high did the Gemini missions fly
- What is a mill scale on steel
- What's a good new blog checklist
- Which crypto currency has the highest ROI
- What are positions in basketball
- What is the name of this instrument? See details
- Does the Uber pool work in LA
- What is the basis of the Roman numbers?
- Why sudden death from cyanide poisoning
- Exercise may cause a mild fever
- Can a mandrill smile
- Can dust particles be charged electronically
- Can your mind heal your body
- Where can we buy Adderall legally
- I could die in the mud
- What are some nice parting gifts
- What is the difference between ontogeny and phylogeny
- How do I start in life
- What is random error
- Which artist sings the song Hammer
- Why is the tuition fee not rising rapidly?
- I could die in the mud
- How do I convert benzene to glyoxal
- How can I develop 3
- Teachers can have nose piercings
- Why can India never be developed
- Which medication should be taken for tonsillitis?
- How safe is Laredo TX
- Mental health can keep you from work
- What is the best debt collection software
- How good is the VIT gym