How much revenue does AppAnnie
Apple's App Store generates four times as much revenue as Google Play
Google's mobile operating system Android recorded a market share of more than 50 percent in Germany for the first time in November. The numerous apps that can be downloaded are particularly important for the success of smartphones, with which the two companies not only sell the devices but also generate some of their sales.
But now comes from a study of App Annie Intelligence (PDF file) shows that, despite the higher prevalence of Android devices, Google's own Play Store generated four times less sales with the small applications than Apple did with the App Store in the period between January and October 2012. The situation is different with growth: for the period mentioned, the analysts recorded an increase of 311 percent for Google Play, whereas the counterpart from Cupertino was only able to increase by 12.9 percent. Last month, the growth on Google Play was according to the figures of the analysts around 18 percent, Apple's App Store had to accept a decline of 0.7 percent.
Apple disagrees CNet the statement, however: They allegedly paid $ 6.5 billion to developers of apps between January and October. In the same period last year it should have been $ 4 billion, which is why Apple is forecasting growth of 62.5 percent. However, the sums do not include the 30 percent revenue share, which Apple withholds from every app sale.
Also notices App Annie Intelligence suggest that much has been written about the large number of Android devices sold last year, but the volume of free downloads on the Apple App Store is still 10 percent greater than on Google Play. Nevertheless, according to the analysts, Google is catching up here too, so that the proportion of free programs has grown by 48 percent in the last five months, with Apple only increasing by 3.3 percent.
However, market researchers doubt that Google can maintain the general positive trend of the past, as the increase in app downloads in recent months "slowed down considerably" have.
- Przemyslaw SzymanskiEmailTwitter... wrote for ComputerBase from June 2012 to April 2014 about mobile companions such as smartphones and tablets.
- What is simulation theory
- Can you inject polycarbonate
- What event would change your life today?
- Which organs and tissues can be donated
- Are blood vessels made of cells
- Which is more important locally or biologically
- What is the unit of dielectric strength
- How to use smartphones intelligently
- Help me I'm depressed 1
- What is a good introductory engineering curriculum
- How often does LinkedIn change its algorithm
- Which college is for BAMS in Bihar
- RBI Grade B officer job is adventurous
- Is quartz seldom why or why not
- Huge software companies need industrial engineers
- How can I download saved data
- What is your favorite love quote 1
- Is the Unity engine free
- Should I quit senior high school?
- How can cooking help a child develop?
- Can the word interlude be a verb?
- Who wrote the score for Fargo
- Is the concept of inner peace wrong
- What does an oxygen element look like