Where do irregular verbs come from
Regular and irregular verbs
What are regular and irregular verbs?
Very simple: You can find regular and irregular verbs in connection with the
- simple past and that
- past participle.
You probably know that the simple past is part of English -ed at the end is formed:
They hiked along the shore.
The past participle is also on -ed formed in the end. You need it, for example, for the formation of the present perfect:
Mr Miller has cleaned the kitchen.
The verbs that contain the simple past and the past participle -ed form is called regular verbs.
However, there are a number of verbs that do not have the simple past and the past participle -ed form, but have other forms. These verbs are called irregular verbs.
Here are a few examples:
|simple present||simple past|
|I. go to school.||Yesterday I. went to school.|
|You sing very well.||Last year I sang in the school choir.|
|I. bring you the book.||You brought me that book yesterday.|
|simple present||present perfect|
|I. fly to Manchester.||I have flown to Manchester.|
|You sing very well.||You’ve sung very well.|
|She eats a sandwich.||She has eaten a sandwich.|
The irregular shapes of the simple past can be found at the end of your English book. You should learn them by heart because these verbs are common.
Here are some important verbs with their irregular forms:
|infinitive (basic form)||simple past||past participle|
|be||what / were||been|
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
- Why must the truth be confirmed
- Which is best online shopping for vegetables
- How do free riders affect public goods?
- All Berber dialects are mutually understandable
- What happens if I stop Invisalign prematurely
- How much do mechanics charge for work
- Is the IT industry good for me?
- How can you become a ship pilot?
- What is a clinical practice of social work
- What was your best JROTC memory
- Finnish people use utensils
- 3 PRC is implemented for BHEL
- How do you deal with OCD
- How many bytes are equal to YB
- Will humans and robots ever live together peacefully?
- Are shutters good for security
- What are the greatest ironies in England?
- When can we use neural networks?
- How can we convert percentage to fraction
- Can I eat ice cream during dengue fever?
- What helps constipation quickly
- What is Selenium Java Architecture
- Saying no is a selfish habit
- What are the challenges of ISRO